PDA

View Full Version : My 86 build

rageatvlawson8
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Gonna take alittle while but I've only had it a week lol

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/jandjracing8/quad%20stuff/DSC01031.jpg Started like this...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/jandjracing8/quad%20stuff/DSC01034.jpg Now looks like this....

Next up is plastics and powdercoat

rageatvlawson8
10-08-2010, 09:20 PM
And i know one front tire is on wrong...lol i didnt do it and really didnt feel like breaking it down this week

89trx250r
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
just switch the rims around put the left rim and tire on the right and vice versa looks like a simple mistake haha and also its a nice bike looking forward to seeing the build

4x4 AG
10-11-2010, 07:56 AM
nice pick up. what are you running for engine? front end?

can't help to work where you do. I am sure there are a couple things that you can pick up around there. wanna work on my engine?

rageatvlawson8
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Ya it dont hurt :D :D UP front is a +2 400ex American star front end with works shocks. Motor is all stock with a fmf pipe and probably gonna stay that way till i blow her up

TLR-Online
10-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Looks Good. You have put some nice upgrades on it in only a week!

4x4 AG
10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by rageatvlawson8
Ya it dont hurt :D :D UP front is a +2 400ex American star front end with works shocks. Motor is all stock with a fmf pipe and probably gonna stay that way till i blow her up

Ahhhh.......thats right. I forgot that you had the 400ex parts.

You still running stock carb and jetting with that fmf? stock air box?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find that quad? there aren't many around houston.

rageatvlawson8
10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Ya got lucky that I had stuff laying around....next im putting in my +4 lonestar from the same 400ex and a set of beadlocks from a old banshee I had(gotta redrill them first)

Ag, I found it on craigslist actually. The guy lived just a few mins from my grandmothers house and since she watches my girls during the day, just had to drive few mins out of way to go get it. Probabky 5 miles out of way lol

I put in a good moto yesterday after the dirtbike race in splendora was over....handles and runs good but track was really beat up. Guess over 200 bikes will do that LOL

Ya its stock carb and to be honest I dont know the jetting, havent checked yet. It ran pretty ok when I got it. Just had a nasty rich bog/heistate that I fixed by leaning up the needle . I'll run this motor till she blows then maybe go like 265pv or something

4x4 AG
10-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by rageatvlawson8
Ya got lucky that I had stuff laying around....next im putting in my +4 lonestar from the same 400ex and a set of beadlocks from a old banshee I had(gotta redrill them first)

Ag, I found it on craigslist actually. The guy lived just a few mins from my grandmothers house and since she watches my girls during the day, just had to drive few mins out of way to go get it. Probabky 5 miles out of way lol

I put in a good moto yesterday after the dirtbike race in splendora was over....handles and runs good but track was really beat up. Guess over 200 bikes will do that LOL

Ya its stock carb and to be honest I dont know the jetting, havent checked yet. It ran pretty ok when I got it. Just had a nasty rich bog/heistate that I fixed by leaning up the needle . I'll run this motor till she blows then maybe go like 265pv or something

Cool. Yah i am trying to do a budget build as well, at this point. mainly get it ready for some practices and then some racing next season. I need to stretch my front end out, the back is already done. and i need to rebuild the carb, at least at first. it seems to lug pretty good at first, but really screams at the top end.

I never saw that one on craigslist houston, and i read that thing like the newspaper. good find. maybe i will see you out a splendy sometime.

rageatvlawson8
10-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Got my axle and beadlocks in this week. Went and put a few motos in today and felt pretty good.