PDA

View Full Version : 05-06 90?

shiftyfofiddy
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
will the newer style plastics work on the 05 and below? i find it hard to believe that they would have changed alot to make them work. i like the "450r" styling that the new ones have but cant justify spending that much money for a new one if there wasnt alot of changes. any info would be nice thanksguys

TKEETH
10-11-2010, 05:57 PM
We have an 05 with 06 plastic and fuel tank, it was put on by robb at robb's racing. I am not sure what changes he had to make, i do know it now fits and looks good. I can take some pics and e-mail them to if you would like. The only thing not bolted down is the front flap of the rear fenders where they go beside the gas tank, just use 2 zip ties.;)

miniquaddad90
10-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Super EZ change over. You will need the newer plastics, seat, tank, and front fender brackets

Front fenders-with all the newer brackets bolts right on

Tank- Need to make 2 brackets to go under the tank and secure the straps

Seat- need to extend the front seat brackets, about 1" if i remember. The newer seat has the front hooks placed farther back. Also will need to use a hole saw at the back where the seat posts come through the frame. The new seat has the posts placed furhter together.

Rear plastic- I just re-drilled the plastic with new holes for the rear bolts near the seat latch. Weld to tabs to frame to secure the front of the rear plastic.

I'll post some pics when things slow down a bit

TKEETH
10-13-2010, 06:18 AM
that all sounds correct. we never had an 05 model, so i didn't know exactly what needed to be done.

shiftyfofiddy
10-19-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks guys im lookin right now at how much its going to cost me lol

magos
10-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I'd like to see pics if any of you have done this don't mind. I like the looks of the newer plastics and Maier has some closeout plastic pricing.

Thanks guys!

miniquaddad90
10-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by magos
I'd like to see pics if any of you have done this don't mind. I like the looks of the newer plastics and Maier has some closeout plastic pricing.

Thanks guys!

We used the new style Maier plastics with ours. I will try and post some pics for ya

magos
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks!

zach R 7x
10-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Can you guys give me an idea where and what you paid for these plastics, I found some Maier plastics on line for $380 but still need a seat and tank, the seat itself new, is well over $200!
Could use any help you guys can pass my way.

Thanks
Tim

miniquaddad90
10-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
Can you guys give me an idea where and what you paid for these plastics, I found some Maier plastics on line for $380 but still need a seat and tank, the seat itself new, is well over $200!
Could use any help you guys can pass my way.

Thanks
Tim

Good luck, finding this stuff used is next to impossible. I just got lucky and was able to buy the tank, seat, and plastics from Etondaddy a while back for like 3-400. We have a 2nd trx90 that I want to convert but still havent found a single tank or seat used at a reasonable price.

magos
10-19-2011, 06:19 AM
they have the plastics on closeout for 06 and newer

http://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/honda-trx90-sportrax-front-fender-0

zach R 7x
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
^^^^ thanks, going to check into them.

scanno
10-30-2011, 06:54 AM
When I did mine I bought the tank and seat new from motosport.com cheaper than I could buy them for on eBay