PDA

View Full Version : Clutch dragging in gear

dirtdawg
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
My clutch seems to be dragging a little when i have the quad off and in gear and using the clutch as neutral. If its in neutral its easier to push. Pulling the clutch in when the quad is in gear and neutral should be about the same usually.

My cable at the perch is adjusted fine, friction point seems fine also. I think it needs adjusting at the other end of the cable or maybe i need a new cable.

The adjuster at the handlebars is like all the way in, so i'm not sure if the cable is stretched out.

dirtdawg
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Took it back apart today. The cover is a ***** to put on because you have to deal with the reverse spring on the bottom, watch out for the oil line at the top, and line up the case with the holes.

I think I didn't put it back on right last time because the arm didn't move more than an inch by pushing it. I think my cable was stretched out too, so I need to get a new cable after this is reinstalled properly.

Do you guys have any tips on lining things up correctly and easily?

dirtdawg
10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I got it all back together. Turns out my clutch cable is really stretched out.

dirtdawg
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Went to the parts store and he didn't have any in stock. He also said something I thought was funny. He said that clutch cables don't stretch out very often. LMAO. Getting one from rocky mountain.

dirtdawg
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
so i took it all back apart just to make sure and torqued the boss nut to 80 foot pounds like it says and reassembled it. Plates looked fine and they should be cuz its new.

I think my clutch arm is not moving enough. How many degrees should that turn in when u pull the lever? It seems to me like it should pivot inwards like 90 degrees. Maybe my lifter is not long enough or the springs are too stiff.

Should i be able to engage the arm all the way by hand easily? Cuz i can't push it in very far by hand. The clymer manual sucks cuz it's not very detailed in giving instructions.

dirtdawg
10-17-2010, 01:17 AM
just happens to be that i used regular car oil and that was the problem. The oil was making the plates stick together.