View Full Version : NJ riding legal when it snows?

bsb64
02-07-2003, 06:17 PM
I was told that if there is a lot of snow on the ground the cops won't bother you for riding in the street. Of course this sounds ridiculous, but..... I was just out riding, we got about 7 inches today, anyway a cop just rode by me and didn't even stop. WTF? is today my lucky day?

danyeo
02-07-2003, 06:36 PM
It's still illegal, but i dont think they bother in general because whats the sense, they will never catch you. I had a plow guy see me and i guess i pissed him off because he followed me back to my Brothers and stopped in front of the house and looked at me for 20 seconds.

02-07-2003, 06:52 PM
they dont bother you. today i saw cops i knew riding on main streets here in vineland.

nj300exr
02-08-2003, 05:19 AM
go to your town hal and see if you can gte an emergency vehicle permit if so then anytime there is a state of emergency it is leagall

QuadTrix6
02-08-2003, 02:35 PM
yea its legal here in ny if they declare it a state emergency, not sure how many inches that is but once it snows the cops can't catch me ne ways :devil :devil :devil

njbudman81
02-09-2003, 10:45 AM
its deff not leagl unless it snows so bad the roads are closed. just some cops know the "interceptor package" has no chance for any quad in the snow so most dont bother tryin.

Rebel300
02-09-2003, 02:59 PM
My friend was riding his banshee in our high schools parking lot with cops riding bye and they just wave. He was riding all over are town, and i live on a main road and he came over like 10 times. My quad was in the shop soo i couldnt do anything, but my little brothers kawaski bayou was home and we took that thing out. lol it is soo funny to ride something soo small, plus he has bald tires from burning out. I do know that in a stste of emergency u can ride on the streets, i just thinkcops dont care as long as ur not bothering anyone and there really isnt any traffic.