PDA

View Full Version : Sold my big truck and bought this

TCracin440ex
10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
well i sold my 2000 silverado with the 9 inches of lift because my girlfriend is pregnant with my first child, and i know how much of a pita it was going to be for her to get in and out of it being pregnant, and even after the baby comes it still would be a pita trying to put a carseat in it or take a carseat out

so i sold her for 12,000 dollars and bought another stock ext cab silverado with less miles, been taken well care of, and is in good shape, the underside of this truck is clean enough to eat off of.

so i went from this:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/007-15.jpg

to this:
so far only mod i have done to the truck is exhaust work and a new set of nitto tera graps. i do want to put a small 3 inch lift on it and some black wheels. after owning chrome and having to put in so much elbow grease to clean chrome i want to try a black wheel.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/DSCN0648.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/DSCN0650.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/DSCN0652.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/DSCN0649.jpg

hypersnyper6947
10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Youll end up lifting that one too, and kicking yourself in the nuts for selling the other one. Congrats on the kid though!!

TCracin440ex
10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
i told myself 3 inch body lift is all i want. ultimately i want a 3 inch body lift, 20x9 kmc xd series spy wheels, and a 33 inch tire. no more because i believe she can still get in and out of it fairly easy with just a 3 inch body

yea i do kick myself in the arse for selling my truck but its a sacrafise i had to make for my girlfriend and out future family. i loved that truck and been thru alot with it. but i like my new truck just as much if not more then my other truck because its not hard to get in and out of and its just a good truck that has been taken care of that will last for many miles to come.

250ex_dan
10-08-2010, 04:29 PM
liken the truck man and congrats with the baby!:)
really shiny too,wouldn't want to get it dirty:)LOL

TCracin440ex
10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
yea thats cuz i washed, waxed and polished her to a shine today. and put jigga juice on the tires

250ex_dan
10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
yea thats cuz i washed, waxed and polished her to a shine today. and put jigga juice on the tires
LOL..
i didnt think of that!:)

coryatver
10-08-2010, 05:42 PM
couldn't you just have taken the lift off

TCracin440ex
10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
for the amount of money it would have costed me to buy stock suspension parts, stock wheels, stock height tires, etc and the headache of having to take all that shyt appart i was better off to sell it as is and buy another truck thats just wat i did too

Kickstarts-suck
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
couldn't you just have taken the lift off

x2 :huh

You can easily find someone on craigslist that will trade you stock parts.

Then you say you want to lift this one but thats the reason you sold your last one? :huh

Body lifts are ugly.. Leave it how it is.

TCracin440ex
10-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
x2 :huh

You can easily find someone on craigslist that will trade you stock parts.

Then you say you want to lift this one but thats the reason you sold your last one? :huh

you dont understand that lift had been on that truck for years so bolts and shyt were siezed up on there, and it was a knuckle lift so the front diff brackets had to be cut to add aftermarket brackets. so in order to swap i would have had to find somebody who wanted to trade diffs and everything. it just wasnt worth it. im much happier with my new truck.

besides telling me i should have kept my truck and took all the lift and everything off of it instead of buying a new one and build it to my specs is like me telling yall to keep riding the same quad for years and not buy a new one and start over from scratch

sometimes is fun building something new and i didnt build my other truck. somebody else put all the lift on it i bought it with the lift on it and just added some of my personal touches to it.

JJs450r
10-10-2010, 06:01 AM
both trucks are b/a either way its what ever make you happy and i do get starting over with something new

congrats on the kid

fastredrider44
10-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck

:D
Tint the windows and roll with it.

Congrats on the youngin'. Best of luck!:)

honda400ex2003
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
leave it, they both look sick though! steve

TCracin440ex
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
body lifts only look like shyt if you dont get the rear bumper relocation bracket and gap guards. my other truck had a 3 inch body on it and imo it looked fine

Kickstarts-suck
10-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
body lifts only look like shyt if you dont get the rear bumper relocation bracket and gap guards. my other truck had a 3 inch body on it and imo it looked fine

They show to much frame.