PDA

View Full Version : Handguards for 450ex?

adelmer
10-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Wondering which hand guards are the easyest to put on, we put powermadd ones on my boyfriends but they were kind of a pain and had to move some stuff around on the bars to make them fit. I just upgraded to a 08 450r and wanting to find the easyest install on some hand guards, Thanks in advance!

speedracer350X
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Get the "tri mount" style I think they're called. They mount lower on the bars, and you don't have to really move anything. I tried the normal mount system, and couldn't get it on correctly, I called them and they just came out with that style back in '08 or so. I have a stock bar and all stuff is stock on my handlebars. Mine's on my '07 450ER.

adelmer
10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks so much! Apparently I messed its actually an 09 hahaha! I loved the powermadd ones on my last quad, but didn't want to deal with putting them on ! :) Again thanks for the quick reply!

Sigma6
10-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I admit that I am looking for some myself so not an expert in this area. However, I wanted to point you to an article in the November 2010 dirtwheels magazine regarding the new Renthal hand guards (pg 80) that interested me so thought I would pass the information on. Here are some of the features:

1. Constructed of light-weight, compound-molded plastic with an integrated flexible synthetic rubber edge.
2. Bracket are composite plastic.
3. Can be mounted above or below the levers.
4. Kit includes plastic spacers to give you extra clearance for controls that require it.
5. To better insure that the hand guards cover the hand when installed, there are two adjustments on the bracket and three on the hand guard.
6. The magazine claims these were the easiest to install.
7. They come with red, blue, and gray graphics.
8. Price is $39.99

quadnut20
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I have Moose hand guards !Problay the easyist to install