PDA

View Full Version : $85K for 2 250R's !!

jbltz450
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Check out ebay, '88 & '89 never used for $85K, that is freaking unreal.

4x4 AG
10-07-2010, 01:21 PM
and they never would be at that price. :eek2:

troybilt
10-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Seems like the there is lot of these "gems" on ebay lately. Somebody must know something I don't.

Dude's got alot of nice quads check out his store:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/sajcorvette/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

jbltz450
10-07-2010, 01:36 PM
just makes you wonder where this stuff comes from, i really like that all stock/all original 89 but how do you know its not really a restored 89 left in a dusty barn for a few months!!

Honda 250r 001
10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
this looks fishy to me. guy sure has a lengthly description.

jcs003
10-07-2010, 01:50 PM
are they the original style tires from 88-89?

bubsyfz450
10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
the guy sure knows how to sell quads! he puts up a few pictures and gives you a 1 sentence description.

trx250rforlife
10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
i baught my R off that guy in Lapeer

bigmatt61
10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Anybody else see the shock covers on those? They MUST be just for protection while stored.:rolleyes:

wild250rman
10-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
are they the original style tires from 88-89? they are original replacements. atvs dont come out of the crate with tags on them. he had the 89 on ebay a while back for $9,500. now all of the sudden it is worth $42,500 dream on. i have an all original 88 in similar condition i will let go for $40,000 lol:eek2:

JohnBeton
10-08-2010, 04:32 AM
it seems like both engines have a black painted bottom end and a bare (silver color) jug.
Was this normal with new trx's ? I thought the whole engine was grey or black, but not mixed ?
Wheren't the original rims gold painted ?

Latemodel32
10-08-2010, 04:44 AM
The rims were silver in 88/89 and the motors were grey/black. I've owned 5 250R over the yrs selling my 89 back in 2002. This guy always sells 250R's they are always in the swapper mags for gold good luck getting 85K lmao

Jonny B
10-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Thats a nice pair!:) Only about 20 miles from me here in Michigan, makes me want to go see them. If these are new, never rode, then they would be worth a ton more then a perfect resto, IMO. Hard to see 85K sitting there though, what do you guys think?

jbltz450
10-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I really think they are resto's, new in the crate bikes don't come with stickers on the tires. Still unreal how much these things are worth.

troybilt
10-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I could see 10 to 15k a piece. If he was offered more then that he should of took the deal. Its funny that we see these all pop up at the same time. I'm sure someone he knows or himself, saw K10's atc for sale and saw that people were bidding super high on it so he decided to test the waters with a ridiculous price on these 2 bikes. LMAO, they won't sell and they'll be back in 6 months again with another price on it.

I could see someone like pilotpete with his awesome rare collection pony-ing up to buy bikes like these.

IF I WAS SMART, and I'm not... I'd buy up a couple of crate 450r's and throw them in my parents barn and then dig them out in 20 or so years and stick them on ebay for 85k... and party like its 1989!!

That's a pretty good investment, 10k can get you 2 crate 450r's and in 20 years make 850% or 42.5% per year,not including inflation... I'm calling BS right now. Corvettes and rare muscle cars haven't had that kind of return on them.... hell screw my 401K, that's way better retirement fund... :rolleyes:

jcs003
10-08-2010, 01:44 PM
only problem with that troy, is that the 450 was made for alot more years than our 250r's. but to just have them crated should bring some money no matter what the machine.

k10seibel
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Beware of this group of foes & Scott.

I blew my vent today. Read post #141

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?119547-Here-it-is-250R-in-the-crate!!!-let-see-if-anyone-has-the-money-to-back-up-the-talk./page10

1985ATC250R#155
Are you one of the Z50 auction "helpers" ??? or have you messed with my auction??? Really UNCOOL!

Some people act like they're your friend, saying "Buddy" all the time. Then rain on your parade. I'll get over it... Sucks though! It's too bad because these auctions loose all credibility when people shill bid to help there egotistical buddies. My auction has been plagued by this crap. If you want to sell something, let it do it's own work. If these items are so great, why do they need help by friends boosting the bidding process.
I've had enough! I'm done.

...........I need a beer!

Look at his Q & As they are totally his fabricating with a friend. I'd bet $$ on it. (LOL)
That's the kind of shady stuff he's all about. I've heard how he's "banged" some of his customers "pretty hard" He's a real sweetheart of a guy!
I hope he gets his 85K so he can be forever the GOD of 250Rs as he calls himself! ................UG!

All my venting here is strictly my opinion. Not fact , but my personal opinion. Hey, you be the judge.
Let's just be honest.
-Andy Seibel

troybilt
10-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Goodluck with the sale Andy. I just hope you're not getting out of collecting.

I can't imagine how stressful and auction item like that must be.

I will say some of the Q&A are hilarious!

jbltz450
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I bought a 1989 TRX250R brochure from Scott "sjacorvette" and was supposed to be a new brochure from Honda. After I purchased a second brochure from "rmarkey" I compared the two and found out the one from Scott was a high end color copy!!! A couple of years ago I bought a "NOS" 1989 250R seat from "getnosty" same guy that was selling the two Z50s in the crate on ebay a while back. I paid $600.00 for it and after I received it I noticed that is was a '89 pan and '89 cover, but deffinately not a "NOS" seat. After contacting him about it, he said "I had no idea it had been recovered" total bs, I was able to re-sale it but not for the amount I paid for it! Andy, good luck with the sale!! Someone will be getting a true piece of history

wild250rman
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
what a can of worms these auctions have opened up. where will it lead next?:confused:

wild250rman
10-08-2010, 11:01 PM
hope the high bidder isn't jerking Andy's chain and they go through with the sale, sounds like he is trying to make a right with his family.seems like an honest man with a talent and passion for restoring atv's he has given a lot of use inspiration with his restoration's and finds.

jbltz450
10-09-2010, 06:18 AM
my ebay is "houser426" and the seat I sold on ebay was a '88 nos seat not a '89 that I was describing, I got the '88 seat from a guy in south Louisiana who used to run the parts department for a old Honda shop in New Iberia, LA. It was the real deal!!

jbltz450
10-09-2010, 06:21 AM
By the way James, I just bought some Quadtech grills from you, and sent my check just like I said I would. I am not a scammer in any way, and if you are unhappy with that '88 seat I will buy it back from you.
thanks
Chris

1985ATC250R#155
10-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Chris, Im going to get your grills shipped out this morning after a trip to my bank. I promised I would ship when the funds clear and they told me 1 to 2 working weeks. I found the auction for the seat and you never said it was NOS, only that was mint. So you were honest in your description of the seat. Im glad to hear that it is the real deal because Ive had my doubts when comparing it to my other seats. Sorry, K10s rant accusing me of messing with his auction had me extremely POed. His false accusations has already put my reputation in the gutter.

jbltz450
10-09-2010, 09:49 AM
James, I understand, I get that way sometimes as well. You have any other cool stuff you are selling? When I get home from working on this BP oil spill in Louisiana I will post up some pics of my '89 250R. Might need some help with posting them if you don't mind.
Talk to you later
Chris

1985ATC250R#155
10-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Unfortunely yes. I will be selling off more of my parts. Not that I want to, but Im in a situation that family comes first. I would love to see your 89, I too have trouble posting pics, most of the time they are to large. LOL

jbltz450
10-09-2010, 10:20 AM
pm or email me first if you don't mind, i might be interested in some of them

k10seibel
10-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd like to use your fist name here, but from these posts I'm not sure. I think your name is James??? Anyway, 1985ATC250R#155 I was wrong to jump to conclusions and accuse you. I too was POed at the thought of Scott and some silly cronie followers of his BSing on his behalf. My asking you if you had anything to do with these auction boosting was wrong. I should have at the least asked you through a PM. I'm sorry for the bad pre-judgment of your character on my part. I don't know you at all and that was completely out of line, of me.
I'm really not an egomaniac as you think. Sure everyone likes attention, and I'm included. You are correct to say that I was a bit of a post whore splashing pictures of the crated R everywhere. I really never thought I'd be able to buy it . It was a life's dream come true. I got carried away with myself and the good fortune. I just simply got very lucky, and I'm very appreciative of that. I'm nobody special, but just happen to be the fist guy in line. I have though about what I did to you with my little tantrum, and wish I could take it back and just have taken the high road. But one good thing about this little squabble is I now know you are a victim as well and are probably a real good guy. I should have asked you privately from the start. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as I did with Scott, for far too long. I blew my stack like a little biach and made an @ss of myself in the process. I'm glad you stood up and schooled me. Thanks for knocking me back down a bit. I've learned from this purchase. It kinda catapults you in some ppeople's eyes to stardom like. Kinda stupid, but people fawn over you because you got real lucky or have something expensive. I don't need my ego stroked. I make my own way and work dam hard to reach goals. If the ATC R sells, people will just forget about me, and that's just fine. If I was an ego tripping controls freak my nature would not let me sell my stardom away. I want people to remember me for fun times and helpful honesty. Unfortunately money brings attention good and bad. I'd like to just crawl back into my little hole and tinker with bikes. Sounds like we may both be in the same boat incidentally. I'm a little bogged down with finances here and am selling off some stuff too. Sucks , but family first as you said. Hope things swing your way.
Again, I'm really sorry to have gone off on you and your good name! Please except my apology!
James, I hope to talk to you one day and become friendly. Thanks.
-Andy

1985ATC250R#155
10-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks Andy

pilotpete
10-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I could see 10 to 15k a piece. If he was offered more then that he should of took the deal. Its funny that we see these all pop up at the same time. I'm sure someone he knows or himself, saw K10's atc for sale and saw that people were bidding super high on it so he decided to test the waters with a ridiculous price on these 2 bikes. LMAO, they won't sell and they'll be back in 6 months again with another price on it.

I could see someone like pilotpete with his awesome rare collection pony-ing up to buy bikes like these.

IF I WAS SMART, and I'm not... I'd buy up a couple of crate 450r's and throw them in my parents barn and then dig them out in 20 or so years and stick them on ebay for 85k... and party like its 1989!!

That's a pretty good investment, 10k can get you 2 crate 450r's and in 20 years make 850% or 42.5% per year,not including inflation... I'm calling BS right now. Corvettes and rare muscle cars haven't had that kind of return on them.... hell screw my 401K, that's way better retirement fund... :rolleyes:
There no way they are new ......just bad restro's, man just look at the seat gaps, enough said!!!!!
i have enough parts to build a 88 or 89 TRX from NOS also could build a 85R in NOS with the crate price of $50k then i might just do that!!!!
i also stashed away a new 450R and banshee for 25 years time.......

troybilt
10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Hey Pete, I thought you'd hop on here! You've got a collection to make these auctions look like kids toys!!! ...from you're website anyway... cool stuff.

destey
10-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Obviously the $85k is a typo. He has the same quads listed in an auction about 20 minutes later for $8.5k

pilotpete
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey Pete, I thought you'd hop on here! You've got a collection to make these auctions look like kids toys!!! ...from you're website anyway... cool stuff.
thanks Troy not even got half the bikes on the web-site :eek2: :eek2: i will have to do a family pic one day...
and even at $8500 still to much for these days.....

troybilt
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by pilotpete
thanks Troy not even got half the bikes on the web-site :eek2: :eek2: i will have to do a family pic one day...
and even at $8500 still to much for these days.....

Yes please do. How did you get started collecting ATV parts? Are ATVs popular in Wales? just curious.

pilotpete
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes please do. How did you get started collecting ATV parts? Are ATVs popular in Wales? just curious.
Well about 10 years ago i wanted a nice ATC250R 85 or 86 i couldn't find a good one anywhere in the UK so i bought a mint frame from the states..then i contacted all the honda dealers in the uk/europe that were around in the 80's for parts......most of didn't have much but my buddy(and biz partner now) told me about a place that had alot of discon stock.....turns out this guy had been buying discon stock from honda for 20 years in containers and this guy was only into 2 wheeled bikes mostly CR's so i cut a deal with him for all his ATV stock about $200,000 retail that was about 8 years ago since then every honda dealer in the uk that has gone out of biz i been there to pick up there atv stock....also done a few over seas too. i was going to use all the parts to build new bikes but then about 3 years ago meet up with a guy who ships cars/vans from cali back to the uk so i just been buying mint rust free bikes from cali ..i now haven't got a use for all the parts now so that why i started http://www.offroadvintage.com/index.htm

fastrnrik
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
These two bikes are now listed at 150K. WTF?

Honda 250r 001
10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
These two bikes are now listed at 150K. WTF?

Hahaha! this has got to be some sort of scam. Its common sense that its not going to sell this time either?

Nac's22
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I want to ask him a question on there if he is actually serious or on drugs or something.