PDA

View Full Version : how do you do it?

blastersrule
02-07-2003, 05:05 PM
when you jet your 400ex do you just remove the seat or remove the gas tank to? i find it easyer to just remove the gas tank :)

BadA$$440
02-07-2003, 05:09 PM
takes to long to remove the gas tank. And it aint that hard to rejet it with the tank on.

oh, and this should be in the Powertrain Forum

02-07-2003, 05:09 PM
wtf..why would you remove the gast tank or seat...jus turn gas off....and unscrew the float bowl cap..and jet from under neath...it a lil harder cuz you can real see what your doing...but its a lot easier than taken all the stuff off also

02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
id just take the tank off, i thought this was about something totally diff when i read the title:rolleyes:

DantheEXman
02-07-2003, 05:19 PM
lrd rider is right, after you get to know the 400, just do it from underneath through the float bowls draim plug. i think i can change a main in like 2 minutes or somethign.

Glow Plug
02-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i thought this was about something totally diff when i read the title:rolleyes:

haah me too lol :D :eek: :) :p

02-07-2003, 07:32 PM
lrd rider is right, after you get to know the 400, just do it from underneath through the float bowls draim plug. i think i can change a main in like 2 minutes or somethign.

i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it like that, if your moving stuff around u never know what could come loose or come off or dirt here and there, it may sound dumb but u never know, better safe than sorry:)

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it like that, if your moving stuff around u never know what could come loose or come off or dirt here and there, it may sound dumb but u never know, better safe than sorry:)

No :ermm:

DEAL
02-07-2003, 08:39 PM
take off the seat/plastic, turn off the gas , Disconnect the fuel line,
loosen the carb boots, and yank that sucker outta there.

DantheEXman
02-07-2003, 08:59 PM
i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it like that, if your moving stuff around u never know what could come loose or come off or dirt here and there, it may sound dumb but u never know, better safe than sorry

Yeah true... But it gets kinda annoing to me to rip it apart for a half hour, change the jet, then put it all back together to find out its not jetted right... SO i do it the fast way ONLY after i got to know the quad and the first time i did it the quick way i took it apart to make sure i had the right idea... So do it however ya want... I just prefer to do somehting in 2 minutes rather than an hour. just my .02

JOEX
02-07-2003, 09:25 PM
It depends on what jet you are changing.

Joe

BadA$$440
02-08-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by DantheEXman
Yeah true... But it gets kinda annoing to me to rip it apart for a half hour, change the jet, then put it all back together to find out its not jetted right... SO i do it the fast way ONLY after i got to know the quad and the first time i did it the quick way i took it apart to make sure i had the right idea... So do it however ya want... I just prefer to do somehting in 2 minutes rather than an hour. just my .02

thats what i think. It stupid to take all the plastics off and gas tank off just to change something in the carburator. And if you want to be "safe" about it, then do what "FreestyleEXrider" said and just take off the seat, and unhook the gas line, and remove the carb.

More time you save working on the the quad, more time you get to ride it.

And jetting can be a b1tch sometimes, im not going to spend 45 min taking off all the plastics,gas tank, re jet the carb, and put the gas tank and all the plastics back on just to find out its not jetted right. thats just plain stupid