PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Team Riders for 2011.. (adoption)

doonanracing
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
We have formed Team Doonan as a team of atv racers whom have two simple things in common. One they race atv's and secondly they are adopted. The concept of our team is to offer a National Level racing Team for atv riders whom are adopted as a sense of belonging to something, not neccessarily a financial support but more to offer a sense of bond or belongings to something. I have learned that this is what an adopted child is most looking for is a sense of belonging. If you have ever seen the movie "Blind Side" that movie probably gives someone the closest understanding of what the child wants. I have created a facebook page and also a website. I will give the kids a page where they can post photos etc and a facebook page to follow the other riders. Creating Team shirts and decals at this time also. It is also a way for families in similiar situations to find other families for emotional support for themselves and their children using racing as a tool. As these riders whom share something a little larger than racing. I have seen what racing has offered to my adopted son and our relationship that honestly I do not think he would be where he is at today emotionally if it was not for all the gifts I received out of us spending time and traveling and everything else that goes along with racing, which not allot of other sports can offer. The concept to form as team was the design of my son. Wayne from Haggerty Racing has offered his services and support as well as Gary from GForce offering support to riders and a part in his Team. I can be reached at doonanracing@comcast.net if you should have any questions. If you know of someone whose child is adopted or in a similiar situation please pass along my information. If there is anyone whom wishes to help out in any way, no matter what let me know. I would love to see the Team Grow. We already have 2 members and you can not believe what this has done emotionally for these 2 boys already.
Shawn Robinson
Doonan Racing

Links:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trafford-PA/Doonan-Racing/161535200529116
http://doonanracing.com/index.html

doonanracing
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Here is the concept of our shirt design so far. Both riders are in the photo:

250ex_dan
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
nice man!
good to see people interested in this:)

airmobile101
10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Good stuff!

Coley'sdad#8
10-07-2010, 05:19 AM
I guess I am missing a point here!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

doonanracing
10-07-2010, 06:27 AM
""huh
I guess I am missing a point here""

Most Teams are formed to simply help market a product or service. Whether it be a Pro rider riding for Suzuki or an up and coming amauter rider riding for a small company. To be a part of that team which ever it is gives that added confidence to that rider. I simply want to open awareness to concider adoption and also to use racing or riding an atv as a tool to help a child gain confidence and self pride. Anyone whom races whom has a child and told them someone is sponsoring them has seen that kid smile and gives him/her that added confidence boost. We know it simply might be a discount on a part or service, but for that kid it might mean a little something else. I simply want to give a child whom is adopted and the parents an avenue for support, making the child be a part of something "A Team". Wayne Haggerty when speaking with him, has stated he wanted to help out. Racing is very expensive and say their is an adopted child whom wants to race but the parents do not have the financial resources to purchase or maintan a child. he is willing to step up and offer them maybe one of the many national race ready mini he has stockpiled for an unbelievably low price or even more and than to assist where ever else he can and so on. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly. So if you have an adopted child whom just even rides or would like to race he/..she can also be a part of our Team. Thanks

cik orange
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Different,but I like it
Very cool

hwf-racing
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
This is a great thing you all are doing!!!I had a real close friend in high school who was adopted and she never felt wanted. This is positive reinsurance for the kids that they are loved and wanted.

WOLFPACK
10-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Future team members home just three weeks!