PDA

View Full Version : 2005 400ex recall in washington DC

bossinboss
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
hey you guys i live near washington dc and i just saw this recall online that honda posted that sent out a recall on all there 2005 trx400ex models in washington dc because they did not install shift pedal spring correctly. i was going to buy my cuzins 2005 400ex in hagerstown, md but i saw this and i got scared, i mean he has never had a problem with it so idk... do you think if there has never been a problem with it that it could be defective?????????

hocman123
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
well i have a 05 that has yet to be seen for the recall and have never had a problem with it. But i plan on bring it in over the winter to get fixed. better safe then sorry.

o and as a side note to find out if it was fixed the dealers were told to stamp the side of the case with a x next to the shift lever. But just to be safe i would run the vin at a dealler and they should be able to tell u

finsteratv
10-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by hocman123
well i have a 05 that has yet to be seen for the recall and have never had a problem with it. But i plan on bring it in over the winter to get fixed. better safe then sorry.

o and as a side note to find out if it was fixed the dealers were told to stamp the side of the case with a x next to the shift lever. But just to be safe i would run the vin at a dealler and they should be able to tell u

same here

bossinboss
10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
so yours does have a problem or you think it does or your just gonna send it in to be checked out

hocman123
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
well there is a problem on mine b/c it have yet to get it fixed. But i have only learned about the recall about 2 months ago and plan on bring it in to get fixed soon.

and yes i know it has not been fixed yet b/c i called honda and asked them

hocman123
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
o and i don't know the bad part but if it happens u will be trying to shift down to first and u will not stop which slams the bike into reverse. Which can cause transmission damage and could send u flying of the bike.

but if i were u i would get the bike. And if u are that nervice about it then bring it in right away. But i would not let this recall stop u from getting the 400