PDA

View Full Version : cdi box

ktennantfamily
10-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I purchased the map iv cdi box from ooracing per the link listed on 9/17/09 link for my sons kawasaki 90. However the box is only a 4 pin when his stock has 4 then another 2. I was unable to fully understand the diagram posted to rewire due to the picture having the the 4 and 2 pin. Was the link for the wrong cdi? If not can you explain it better as I do not want to blow up the engine.

airmobile101
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ktennantfamily
I purchased the map iv cdi box from ooracing per the link listed on 9/17/09 link for my sons kawasaki 90. However the box is only a 4 pin when his stock has 4 then another 2. I was unable to fully understand the diagram posted to rewire due to the picture having the the 4 and 2 pin. Was the link for the wrong cdi? If not can you explain it better as I do not want to blow up the engine.
You bought the wrong cdi anyways, it wont work.

airmobile101
10-10-2010, 08:17 PM
go here and purchase the red DC FIRED CDI. Its a direct plug and play with no wire swapping.

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/139QMB_50cc_Performance.html

hasbeenttduner
12-16-2010, 08:36 AM
That is the one that I got for my kids 2006 Kymco 90 4 stroke. It works great and I could feel a big differance comming out of the corners at the Back Field Tumbleweed TT National track so it does help a lot more then just the rev limit.
I made a mistake and purchased the ac first. My voltage test with the key on did not work. I later found that the small battery hold down bolt that I used for the ground went into a brass incert in the plastic. Also the headlight on with the key test did not confirm ac or dc on the 06 mongoose 90. I guess with the headlight being an acc it is different then the scooters.

Our 2006 Mongoose 90 4 stroke has a DC system!