PDA

View Full Version : 400 on the Trails

11-30-2001, 06:00 PM
I used to ride a quad about 6 monthes ago...and well, I decided that I wanted to ride a dirt bike. To make a long story short, here I am 6 monthes later, and I wanna ride a quad again. My question is for the guys who do sport trail riding, and/or race in hare scrambles/cross country races. I was considering a 400EX, and wanted to know if the 400EX not having reverse poses a problem when riding in the woods? I mean, sometimes when trail riding, you just have to turn around and go the other way.

redrider ex
11-30-2001, 06:30 PM
At least 75% of the time you can just spin it around its not that
bad . redrider ex:huh

11-30-2001, 09:45 PM
I don't think it poses a problem, but it is an inconvience when faced getting off the quad and physically moving it around. If the question is to either have a motorcycle or an atv without reverse, I know I'd still pick the 400ex!;)

Good luck deciding.

SGA
11-30-2001, 11:30 PM
No fudging here, yes i wish i had reverse, mostly for fun trail riding & exploring. my other quad has reverse, kawi lakota, luv it. reference it to computers, once you have a cable modem, 56k dial up blows. could have bought a raptor, but they had problems and i was looking for good handling & balance. you learn to change your riding habits without reverse. Racings a different story, its rare i have to get off & push off a tree, because i avoid them like the plague at racing speed. been in the trailside scrub many times, reverse? Thats what bumpers & skid plates are for. gas it & hang on! :blah