PDA

View Full Version : block off plate

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 01:29 PM
as i was changing the rear pads on a buddies 400ex. i twisted and ripped line goin to parking brake. and to my surprise there was brake fluid in it. since neither resivor was low, must be prefilled at factory before install? ive always told him to get rid of this do to the drag it creates. but now with no fluid in it. will there still be drag?

honda400ex2003
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM
first there should not be brake fluid in the rubber boot. It sounds like in one part of your post there is fluid in it, then the next there isnt. anyway, a block off would be the best thing to do anyway. just take the cable off, get a new clutch lever, get a fuse to put in the reverse lock out on the bars, and the block off and he will be set! steve

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
sounds like ive confused you. i ripped the hose that goes from parking brake side of caliper to parking break assembly on bars. there was fluid in it but all leaked out. we have rode several times the brakes are fine. my question is should we still get parking brake block off. will there still be drag on brakes cause parking brake assembly is still on caliper.

honda400ex2003
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
so you hit the cable not the actual line? I guess i am still confused since there is no fluid in the line that goes up to the bars only to the reservoir on the side. the parking brake does not have any fluid associated with it at all.

http://www.duncanracing.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/b/big-swingarm-400exred-onjpg.jpg

no fluid in there except where the line comes but it would not work if there was no fluid in that line. I gotta see a pic i guess. lol anyway it should be ok just get a block off and you are good to go. steve

inv3ctiv3
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Is there a DIY for taking out the parking brake?

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
wow then were both confused. when i ripped the hose going to the bars fluid leaked out. not the hose that goes to the resivor. that ones fine. and brakes work

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by inv3ctiv3
Is there a DIY for taking out the parking brake? its acutally pretty easy. after buying block off plate. just take two bolts holding the assembly on and take off. use same bolts to install plate. follow hose/cable to bars removing it from clamps on frame and clutch perch. it can be done in less time then it took me to reply

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by inv3ctiv3
Is there a DIY for taking out the parking brake? how do you like them holeshot sr`s when its snotty out. my gncc`s suck. fronts slide bad and rears arent gettin much better traction. are the sr`s a radial tire.

inv3ctiv3
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I really like the SR's and I figured removing it was really easy, where's the best place to buy a block off plate.

rmcfadden68
10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
they run 10-12 bucks everywhere.