PDA

View Full Version : ltz 400 carb upgrade

fogie
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey guys,
I am doing some mods to my 04 ltz. First I am installing stage one cams. Then I am puttin a 04 yzf 450 carb on it. What all will I need to make this conversion. i.e. cable and what all else. Plz help got a race in two weeks and need it back together.

Fogie

twincat800
10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
You will need the honda 450r intake boot i think from the years 04 and 05 but ask around on that cuz i didnt go that route and i dont know what filter or air box setup to use if your using a box, also i used my stock thumber but did some heavy grinding internally to get it to open up the yfz450 carb all the way but have had no problems with it at all so i recommend doing that. Your going to have to find out what boot to use between the carb and the head and you could be almost set except for tuning it. If your in a hurry to find out what you have to do, then take the time to go through all the old thread on here and on z400central.com and find something about it, i know you can find everything you need to know but could take you a while.. I honestly dont know if this is something you can do in 2 weeks but its possible, there always that one part you come to find out you need when you got it all together. If your not dyno tuning it then u need to look up what other people use in there yfz450 carbs on there 400s or buy a jet kit. Good luck, i will try to help you out as much as i can, cataway should for sure answer within no later then the next day or 2 and he should be able to tell you everything, i think that boot and carb is his setup.

cataway
10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
if you mean jetting ,nothing bigger than 168 mj most likely a 45 PJ, 35 leak jet , tie the A P .

i suggest a short pice of gas neck filler hose for the carb to head , get it fron NAPA you need about 2''

if you dont yet have a trx400ex boot ,get one makes 2-3 more hp

twincat800
10-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Just found this, didnt read it but check it out.. http://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/17-maintenance-repairs-tuning/55003-fcr-39-set-up-04-yfz.html