PDA

View Full Version : Any "Best In The Desert" Racers Here?

stoopidbot
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm going to be running at least one race in the 2011 season, I was hoping someone could give me some info on the Blue Water Grand Prix. Such as the distance of each lap, is it a standard GP as in a timed event or is it the 1st to 4 laps or something? Any infowould be great

Thanks

RCRGIRL
11-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey, didn't catch your name...

I raced that one this year and had a blast. I ironmaned (Woman) it in the IronMan Amateur class.

I think total race time was something like almost 3 hours?? It's been a little while since then so trying to remember. Think it was maybe 14 or so mile loop?? Don't quote me. You'll definitely have to stop and pit at least once if not more depending on your tank size.

It's a grand Prix event...think they go by laps if I remember correctly. I believe I got at least 4 laps maybe 5. I got lapped by the leader towards the end as most did (Josh fredericks and Dillon Zimmerman) so I got one less lap than them.

Grand Prix finish, once the leader takes the checker when you come in your done.

RCRGIRL
11-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Actually, was 2 hours and Pros and top experts got 6 laps...I got 5.

Here you can check out the results from this year...such a fun race!!

I did pretty good, got 1st in Ironman Amateur out of 9 and then finished 17th overall out of 30.

Good luck if you race it...

stoopidbot
11-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Thank you very much for the info.

the name is Mike, I grew up in Lake Havasu and Tucson. I use to race Whiplash back in the 90's. I hope to see you out there!!!