PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Predator 90 simple mod help

4minc
10-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Just picked up a 2006 Predator 90 for my son. I am looking for some simple mods to add a little power to it. Improving the intake track with an air filter or a shorter intake boot, reeds, clutch kit, ect…
What sort of jetting changes are needed for a UNI filter? What are decent reeds that work well for this machine? Do they make clutch kits for this quad?
Been snowmobiling for 20 years but this is my first quad to play with so I am trying to find a good parts retailer with good tech guys to get information from as well as a good web site forum for Q & A. I stumbled across this site so I am hoping that there are a few of you out there with some experiences with this quad that can help me out. Thanks

THARNESS
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
We modded a 2006 predator 90 back in 06 for my son. We started with a hetrick stage 1 power kit. It included a pipe, some different clutch springs and roller weights a uni air filter and some jets if i remember correctly. you will also have to install a hi rev cdi box because the predators are really restricted with the factory box. These mods will make a big difference in power. Call Chris or Michelle at Hetrick Racing. They have the parts and the knowledge to help you out.

838xcracer
10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Like was said call Hetrick Racing.

chris p.
10-05-2010, 03:28 PM
yeah,definitely get a pipe.our 06 is done up but the biggest single improvement was a hetrick gen 1 pipe cut and welded to fit the reverse lever. +3 arms and 12'' apex adjustable front shocks made a big difference in the handling and the rear stock shock is a pretty good piece so we left it on there.also put on a rear +2 swingarm off an e-ton so we could have discs in the rear.as far as the carb goes the stock one needs to be jetted to around a#105 main and i believe we used a #30 for the pilot.any questions shoot me a p.m. chris.