PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Hinson Quick Change Clutch Cover

Higgy87TRX425
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm looking for a Hinson Quick Change Clutch Cover, Preferably polished with an aftermarket waterpump cover. However I'm willing to buy one amd polish it myself. The only requirement I have is that Its not to scratched up so I can polish it up easily. I have cash and I'm serious. You can PM me, E-mail me or call me Keith @ higginsonkeith@live.com or (503) 875-4470. Thanks.

brokenmike
10-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Iam looking for one too. It dont need to be in the best of condition

Higgy87TRX425
10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
This message is to BrokenMike. Don't hijack my thread!! Take the time and post your own!!!!

mcboomport
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
call the guys at Direct Drive. They charged me less than 200 bucks. plus their local.

Higgy87TRX425
10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks man, I had those guys in the back of my mind. I will call them.

Pumashine
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Higgy87TRX425
I will call them.

See if we can get a package deal, I would like one also!

250Renvy
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
If you have a cover you want modified, you can try burgard.

Patriot racing has expressed interest in doing them again, but need at least 10 to be worth retooling for it.

mcboomport
10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
heres a terrible picture of mine. They adjustments of course because of the rubbing kick starter. i'll try to remember to take a picture now with it fixed. Scott with Direct Drive told me he had some different ideas with the covers/ could anodize them/ ect...

10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
How many do you guys want?

I know where 12 original Hinson Covers sit in a box. These are complete with all new water pump components (Mech-Seal, Bearing, Oil Seals, Separator and gaskets)…

I don’t know how much they want for them, they have been sitting for +10 years.

I sold mine that came from this batch for $550 Triple Polished by 250Rtrikes…

Carlos.

Higgy87TRX425
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Hey man I think that I might be interested in one of those covers. Depending on the price of corse. So can you look into that and get ahold of me? Pm me back or e-mail me at higginsonkeith@live.com. Thanks man. Let me know????

brokenmike
10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Sorry but you wanted a nice one and I don't.

SilverLake250R
10-06-2010, 08:13 AM
What quad is that for? not a 250R..

10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I have asked for the price on the Hinson covers, as soon as I know; I will inform the group…

Carlos.

Higgy87TRX425
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah Carlos, Please let me know, I'm definatly interested? So E-mail or PM me as soon as you can! Thanks man!!!

trx250racer
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by acecarlos
I have asked for the price on the Hinson covers, as soon as I know; I will inform the group…

Carlos.

SAME HERE, ALSO INTERESTED!!!
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
They want $569.99 + $14.99 shipping for the Hinson Covers. Note these are complete, including all new Honda internals components (new mechanical seal, new oil seals (2 places), new separator, new gaskets, ect…) for the water pump assembly.

Currently 12 Hinson complete cover assemblies are in a storage box at BDT Motorsports, they will sell 8 complete assemblies and keep four. These covers have been highly polished by 250RTRIKES, just need to be assembled by BDT-M.

One catch (besides the price); they will not assemble them until they have orders for 8 Hinson Covers, currently they have 3 phone orders in place, they need to receive 5 more orders…

Once all 8 orders are in, they will all ship 1 week after…If you want one, call BDT Motorsports…

Carlos.

mcboomport
10-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Holy $%&#... I'm in the wrong business. That is insane.

twopump78
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
EBAY has three HINSON QUICK CHANGE covers now http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=250r+hinson&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Pumashine
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
They want $569.99 + $14.99 shipping for the Hinson Covers.

Carlos.
LOL, LOL that is darn funny, hey Carlos, tell your friends to get someones elses hopes up and crush their feelings when they cannot afford $585. If anyone is interested in Quick change covers then you will want to get a hold of Blasterman88 to get their covers modified. Its around $300 cheaper. They are doing runs all the time. I believe they are about to get a third run going.

10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I don’t set the prices…don’t buy them.

One thing to remember these are NEW covers, never used, with all (+$100) in new Honda parts. Polished (another $150…?) and assembled.

I know Hinson was getting +$300 for new covers without the Honda parts and NO polish, back when…

Add it up:

$300 from Hinson + $100 in Honda parts + $150 Polish = $450…add $119.99 for BDT-M to stock, assembled and handle…Yes; $569.99 is expensive, however; not unreasonable considering all the costs & responsibility involved.

Pumashine; do you work for FREE in your real job or do you get paid a decent wage? Why would $119.99 be unreasonable???

So before we run off and call something unreasonable; let’s get all the facts straight!

Carlos.

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Carlos, I just saw your message. I know thats expensive, but I want one so I'll pay that for a new one. I guess I have to wait until tomarrow to call BDT Motorsports. Thanks man.

Pumashine
10-07-2010, 08:12 PM

One thing to remember these are NEW covers, never used,
Carlos.

Everyone knows 250rtrikes are selling used covers for $285. Add $300 for Hinson mod and get $585.

Take a couple of steps back, $300 is too much for the conversion point blank. You or no one else can prove they are "new" This is just another attempt for you to take advantage of all my 250r brethren.

I would not trust you or BTD to buy anything from. I may be new to this site but you just post to advertise for someone else and have not even been here for a year.

Your avatar was hijacked from 250rtrikes. Can't you take your own pics? Why don't you take your bull somewhere else before I get banned!

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
The only reason why I'd pay so much is because I really want one and because its "BRAND NEW"! I do have my reservations about it actually being brand new though. I wanna get 2 of them So I was thinking of buying one, and then sending in one of my Clutch side covers and having it machined. If I had a mill machine, I'd do it myself, but I don't work in a shop currently, so i have to pay for now. So blaster88 does runs of them???

10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Pumashine: Don’t start trouble with statements you cannot back up.

I don’t see any covers on the 250RTRIKES eBay site for $285, I do see them selling remanufactured polished clutch covers for less than $190…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270627753045&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

If you or anyone thinks I would hijack anyone’s avatar, then prove it. Contact 250RTRIKES like I told you in the previous post and ask, I am sure if I stole their avatar, they would say it.

Making false accusations will get you banned…stop posting “crap” and prove what you say is correct; I DARE you to show that anything I have posted is not the truth.

What does all of this have to do with NEW Hinson Clutch covers for sale? If you don’t want them polished, ask them to sell you the NEW unpolished ones, still in the Hinson packaging…

You are making a fool of yourself!

Carlos.

Pumashine
10-07-2010, 08:41 PM
So blasterman88 does runs of them???

He hangs out mainly on PS. The clutch cover mod thread is over on 250r.net. Dan is a great guy to work with and has a great interest in helping out all the 250r brethren.

Acecarlos is saying they are not going to sell just one cover. So look for an alternative plan. IMO!

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks Pumashine!

10-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Pumashine: I like how you skate away from posting the truth when you are confronted with the facts. Stop your BS, I have DARED you to many times, and you have run and hide.

If you make accusations, be man enough to follow through with evidence of what you claim. All I see is a foolish individual pissed that someone has a better toy, and making the most ridiculous statements based on what?

Go ahead, just one time come on here and state I stole an avatar or I don’t have an R or anything you like backed by more than your hollow words…just once Pumashine step up and show some proof!

I admit $569.99 is expensive; you don’t have to buy them…

Carlos.

mxduner
10-07-2010, 08:55 PM
just thought i would throw in a possible alternative to the hinson and blasterman covers here (http://www.burgardcycle.com/xcart/product.php?productid=90&cat=9&page=1) but i do not know if they are still available. Also i am not trying to hyjack or intervene in no ways. Just thought it MAY be useful for all of us fellow 250r enthusiasts :cool:

atv fan 28
10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Is to much to ask for some pics of your ATC 330R? Just wondering.:rolleyes:

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks MxDuner, I just bought one on E-bay for $325 I still need to get another one though. I tried Burguard yesterday and couldn't find this??? I don't know how I missed it???

10-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Good suggestion…

Bugard’s are a great alternative, basically the same as a Hinson, just the name difference. If they still make them for $350, buy it…

ATV Fan 28: Engine or TRX? Right now the engine is out, my new 363R built by BDT Motorsports is complete, the 363R is on the engine Dyno scheduled to be run on Saturday…Tuesday or Wednesday the 363R will go into the TRX and on the rear wheel Dyno…I can take a picture of each for you this Saturday or Sunday…

Will that suffice or do I need to prove ownership, maybe a notarized letter or a note from a my mother…?

See how ridiculous all this sounds…!!!

Carlos.

atv fan 28
10-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Good suggestion…

Bugard’s are a great alternative, basically the same as a Hinson, just the name difference. If they still make them for $350, buy it…

ATV Fan 28: Engine or TRX? Right now the engine is out, my new 363R built by BDT Motorsports is complete, the 363R is on the engine Dyno scheduled to be run on Saturday…Tuesday or Wednesday the 363R will go into the TRX and on the rear wheel Dyno…I can take a picture of each for you this Saturday or Sunday…

Will that suffice or do I need to prove ownership, maybe a notarized letter or a note from a my mother…?

See how ridiculous all this sounds…!!!

Carlos. Sounds good! I cant wait to see them!

Pumashine
10-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks MxDuner, I just bought one on E-bay for $325

Does that mean your going to polish it yourself?

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah I just checked out the burguard site. $350 isn't bad. It doesn't come with a waterpump and its not polished, but I have those parts and I can do the polishing myself. Looks like I got everything figured out! With the help of you guys of corse!! Thanks guys! I'll be starting a build thread soon, "Project LoPuma" its gonna be nice, a Lobo chassis and a PUMA motor.

10-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Send it to be polished to 250Rtrikes, and while you’re add it; ask them about Carlos ATC250R they use for advertizing and their avatar…then tell everyone on here how full of S**T Pumaliar is…!

Carlos.

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah I just spent about $300 on polishing supplies so I can do my cylinder too. I bought that Clutch cover with the blue Hinson cover on it off of E-bay. I don't mind polishing, I'm getting pretty good at it too. I'm gonna buy another buffer soon too. The one I currently have only goes 1800 rpm, so I'm gonna buy another one that hits 3600 rpm to get a nice shine!! I still need to get another cover so I gotta decide on where to go.

10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Good for you, working on your own equipment is always a plus if you have the time & skill…

Keep looking on eBay; Hinson covers are listed regularly, I am sure another one will come around.

Carlos.

Pumashine
10-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Send it to be polished to 250Rtrikes, and while you’re add it; ask them about Carlos ATC250R they use for advertizing and their avatar…then tell everyone on here how full of S**T Pumaliar is…!

Carlos.

Hey Carlos seems you and BDT have the same phone#

Goggled you and find

Carlos
ACE Racing System
caloise909@charter.net
909-802-6516

And what is BTD's number?

BDT's phone # - 909-802-6516

Same phone number what a coincidence

Looks like your hooked with 250rtrikes also.

I believe your the one who is spamming this site. You are disregarding the rules for your own profit. You need to be banned IMO

I am sure the Mods will take tare of you.

TLR-Online
10-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Looks like your hooked with 250rtrikes also.

Not to get in the middle, but here is what i have been observing in the midst of all this fighting on many different forums:

"As you can tell if you read my previous posts, I buy a lot of parts from 250Rtrikes, they are the best 250R source I have found and have an awesome supply of parts foe local walk in customers here in SoCal; I live 5 minutes from 250Rtrikes shop.

Carl, the owner of 250Rtrikes does not have time to visit all the forums"

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117717-Anyone-Dealt-With-250rtrikes-on-Ebay

----

"I use to ride and race in the late 80's, I would work on engines with Rob Selvy at Selvy's Performance in Ontario, CA...over the years I have used many if not all shops and builders, always been dissamointed since Rob left the 250R scene.

I started back up a few years ago, BDT Motorsports is 5 minutes from my house, the owner (whose name I will not mention at his request) is one of the guys back from the late 80's that was involved with Honda Racing, and Selvy's...he knows 250R's like no other person I have ever dealt with, need I say more? "

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3952518#post3952518

---

"Call BDT Motorsports at 909-802-6516 ask for Karl M..."

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=447735&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

----

Seems like you are 5 minutes from everyone... and there are alot of people with the same name: Carl, Karl, CARLos?

250Rtrikes sells BDT Stuff, and BDT sells the same stuff as 250Rtrikes (according to the BDT website)??

BDT has the same phone # as Ace Racing posted by you 4 years ago on another forum?

A week ago, BDT's website was selling $100 ipods and electronics? You stated "PS: i used to work in an auto supply house" on 3wheelerworld.com, BDT's website still has ads for car parts (rims, headlights, speakers)?

All this doesn't add up? Kinda seems like you are 250Rtrikes and BDT? To be honest, i really dont care.. im sick of all this crap in every thread!

Higgy87TRX425
10-07-2010, 11:07 PM
I was just on 3wheelerworld and I ran into the same thing. I just came across the same article you just spoke of. Now I don't have any issues with anyone on here, but it sure seems a little strange????

Pumashine
10-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
and there are alot of people with the same name: Carl, Karl, CARLos?

Triplets by chance?

We just did not realize Carlos has 2 brothers. The three amigo's.

It is interesting to know I am being bashed by the owner of 250rtrikes and BDT. I am just a little guy who does not want the 250r brethren scammed.

So it seems if Carl can get ten of us to by new clutch covers he will get polished before and after the mod with all new parts installed.

Its a good idea but since he is bashing people on all the sites I would not trust a deal like that. I believe the covers are used.

Every pic on ebay is the same. No matter how many times it is sold. You are not getting whats in the pic you are getting something else.

Same goes with Karl's avatar. Same pic on 4 different forums.

mcboomport
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Man, not to get in the middle but seriously, 180 bucks at direct drive.. why the hell would you pay almost 600? especially when you have a side cover already? crazy. I'm with Pumashine on this..

Pumashine
10-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by mcboomport
Man, not to get in the middle but seriously, 180 bucks at direct drive.. why the hell would you pay almost 600? especially when you have a side cover already? crazy. I'm with Pumashine on this..

Seriously though, you will want to polish before the mod is done then again to polish the welded on piece. I polished redred55's Hinson quick change and it would be virtually impossible to get down in the deep cracks to polish.

If we got enough together I think direct drive is the way to go.
Lets send these in!
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a6p4w1.jpg

Troy was looking into getting a shop to do the conversion. But Dan (Blasterman88) has already got the shop in California to do it. They are $265 with exchange or $320 polished.

10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I am only going to state this once, therefore read it carefully:

BDT Motorsports is one of three business owned by three individuals; Carl, Karl M and Paul. Precision Performance Machining, Import Solutions, and BDT Motorsports. Up until 2005, Carl, Karl M and Paul also owned ACE Racing System (ACER), Carl ran ACER providing imported custom race engines & auto parts for different racing venues including off road and road racing vehicles. ACE racing was sold to a set of overseas partners in 2004, I worked for ACE Racing & Carl as a part time consultant until the acquisition was final in 2005. I also ran a small business (part time) out of ACER selling miniature race cars; under ACE Racing System.

caloise909@charter.net was a general mail box we used at ACER, 909-802-6516 was ACER’s old direct personal line to Carl at ACER, it was also were all communication went through before it was routed to me, if it needed to be.

Approximately one year ago, I walked in to BDTM, talked to Karl M a bit and went riding with his two sons. We discussed 250R’s at length and Karl’s involvement & employment with Team Honda Racing back in the late 80’s & early 90’s. Karl showed an interest in getting his two sons more involved in any part of his three businesses. I suggested he start working on 250R’s again since both his sons showed a great interest in 2 strokes, the local racing scene and Honda 250R’s & CR250’s…Karl agreed!

I have made my relationship with BDT Motorsports known from day one. I have always said I had special access to BDTM and that I considered myself fortunate, live 5-10 minutes away, have known the 3 owners since the late 80’s when I worked on engines at Selvy’s Performance with Rob, and Karl M (one of the owners of BDTM) machined sleeves, pistons and cylinders for Rob out of his machine shop.

Currently, I have a good riding relationship with two of the owner’s sons at BDT-M, and I have made every effort to tap into all of BDTM’s resources, including talking them into getting back into the 250R scene…no secrets here, nothing new. Yes I have a built in interest in seeing all the resources available to BDTM put forth into the 250R community, to some extent; it is a selfish interest.

Now, you can post bits and pieces of information as you please, out of context, it can be can be interpreted many different ways. You can make unfounded accusations, post false information and attempt to twist the facts into what you want to believe, however; the facts are the facts, and let me school you on a few more:

• Outside of a selfish personal interest; I have NO other interest in BDT Motorsports
• As far as I know; BDTM and 250Rtrikes are separate businesses, they do work closely together. 250Rtrikes does all the polish, chrome and powdercoat for BDTM…BDTM builds all of 250Rtrikes engines and components. 250rtrikes directs all questions & calls dealing with engines to BDTM.
• I have no interest in 250Rtrikes; they are another great resource for the 250R community, just look at their eBay site…
• Here is another one for you conspiracy theorist: the owner of 250rtrikes is named Carl…not the same as BDTM’s Karl M or Carl…
• If you want to attack me; keep it to PM’s...
• Your constant attacks only harden my resolve to provide the best & most accurate information on any forum I can.

Now my explanation is what it is, twist it as you like; does not really matter who owns BDT Motorsports or 250RTRIKES…my enthusiasm to promote BDTM has not changed and will not change because 2 or 3 of you can’t stand that a better Builder, a Better polisher and a 68HP 330r can be produce rather easily by BDTM when your 370R barely breaks 60HP…

The BEST builder, BDTM resides in Rancho Cucamonga, the BEST polish-chrome-powdercoater 250Rtrikes is 2-3 blocks away, and I live 5-10 minutes from both, can’t have it any better, like I said; I am very fortunate!

This is the last time I will comment on this subject; grow up, suck it up and move on…

Carlos.

Higgy87TRX425
10-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I hear ya Pumashine! the only reason why I wanted the one for $585 is because it was suppose to be brand new, and I didn't have too many options at first. I just got an extra clutch cover in the mail yesterday so I'll polish it this weekend and it will be ready to be modified next week. So we should see if Direct drive will do some mods for us?? I called the other day and spoke with someone, (not the owner Scott) and the guy told me that they weren't interested in working on someone elses (Hinson) side covers. He said that they only work on there own Direct Drive covers. I bet if we spoke with Scott though, and he stood to make some money on the deal that he might be a little more interested in doing it. We don't have to tell him that we're using the Hinson covers all we have to do is make sure He has the right dimensions so the Hinson covers will fit!!!

Higgy87TRX425
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah $265 isn't to bad, neither is $320! I like that the fact that Direct drive is local, "5 minutes away from me, I'm very fortunate" So I hope that they'll do it! Maybe you should call and talk to Scott, Pumashine??? What do you think, I can call again, but maybe you'd be more persuasive??? Let me know what you wanna do I'm in?

mcboomport
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Carlos, I don't care about those companies or your affiliation with them. I just think its crazy to pay that much for a clutch mod, regardless if its "new".

As for Direct Drive, They do make their own covers. I dont think they would want to make a replica of the Hinson because it probably would cost them to much, but I don't want to speak for them. I'm sure if you wanted enough of them, they would.

I guess I don't see the benefit of using a Hinson cover. Its just an aluminum plate.......

Higgy87TRX425
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
You're right Mcboomport! Its expensive and it is just an aluminum plate, but they sure look good! That and being able to access my clutch easier is the reason why I want one! They just look Cool! Isn't that a big part of polishing and buying aftermarket parts? Obviouly they function better then stock, but they do make a big difference in the appearance of your bike! As long as its done right. I mean I've seen bikes with $20,000 into them that look like crap! Its all up to the builder, you can make your bike look as sick as you want! It just takes time, money and an eye for detail! Its all about the details!!!!

mcboomport
10-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I should have clarified in my post. I meant I don't know what the difference would be from the Hinson compared to a generic cover. Sorry. I totally understand the functionality, which is why I have one. I also agree about the details. That is how I built my R.

Higgy87TRX425
10-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Got ya. Well I guess its just personal preference! I like the Hinson cover because I have a Hinson clutch basket! I guess I like to keep to specfic manufactures! Insted of having an aftermarket part from every single aftermarket company! I know certain companies make specific parts that are better than the rest and I'm all for that, I just like to keep it as consistant as possiable. The bike flows better that way!!

10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
It is “crazy” to have to pay $569.99 for a new Hinson cover; I said from the time I posted the price that it is “very expensive”, I didn’t set the prices, I did question the high cost and even tried to explain how they came up with the cost breakdown leaving $119 dollar profit…

Some will pay $569.99 it, as they already have shown, just like someone will pay $36,000-$45,000 or more for the crated ATC250R being auctioned off on eBay or $88,000 for those two new TRX250R…

Carlos.