PDA

View Full Version : UH OH!!! cam ??

desertsandrider
02-07-2003, 03:31 PM
i was just browsing through the site and saw a post about replacing cams.......i replaced mine with a hotcams stage 2 about 4 months ago...while i removed the decompression part on the cam...i never removed anything on the head...ie-spring and plunger!! is this going to fall out or what??

i have been running it hard for over 3 months now...i was in a hurry to swap the cams and get rifding again(did it in the dunes). let me know!!
Thanx,
Nick

TheX1992
02-07-2003, 03:58 PM
what i did on mine was take some high temp metal wire type thing (looks like solder wire but wont melt) and wrapped it around that and one of the exhaust bolts. held fine.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-07-2003, 04:15 PM
You need to see if it is still in there if not it is in the motor and will cause some real trouble. check that before you ride anymore or you will be sorry.:) Let me know if you have any questions.

desertsandrider
02-10-2003, 09:15 AM
after a couple of months of riding, and being upside down....it was still there!! all good now.......i don't think it could actually come out....runs into the cam before it gets totally out of the hole.

thanx, Nick

Colby@C&DRacing
02-10-2003, 09:33 AM
SWEET. Sounds like you are in business now