PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse clutch

skyeryder
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
What's your thoughts on putting one of these in a KX65 motor quad, I'm probably trying to have my son run a shifter too soon but I think it's best. He's 7 but a small 7, so he's have alittle trouble with the clutch lever and I think alot of it is the reach

travis rimmer
10-05-2010, 05:27 AM
We put one in a kx 65 mod a while back first u have to b a very good mechnic to put it in u have to modify the clutch basket and the instructions are like a book once in we weren't happy with it if our kid wasent in the exact gear it would just bog and he would have to stay on the gas all the time to just mho not worth it

doonanracing
10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Unless your class you have to run in is an auto class I would have him learn to shift. Gear it down, which will help him with starts also was a suggestion given to me which helped my son out. We installed in a motor for my son and he did not like it and we did not find any benefit with using it unless needed for a certain class which does not allow a clutch lever.

skyeryder
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
That's just what I didn't need to hear, but do appreciate it. Might be another $400 well spent..... We're currently trying to make it work, probably should have stuck with the stock set-up I just hated seeing him get frustrated.

heathmxracing
10-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree with everyone else on this. Stick with the manual clutch unless you have to run the auto for your class rules. The auto clutch requires a lot more maintenance and is less reliable. It's actually harder to learn to shift with the auto because it bogs the quad alot and the rider has to down shift alot more.

skyeryder
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
That's exactly what we noticed, plus no matter how close I ge tthe tolerances it still has more slippage than I like. So hopefully we are still with in our 30 days, it's going back!!

nastynotchback1
10-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I have the bike that Travis is talking about and it's going back to regular clutch set-up soon.