PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE help

02Yellow400
02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Alright...I polished my side cases and when we put the iginition side cover back on something was wrong. The battery wasnt charing and when i opend the case back up there was a chunk of metal stuck to the magnet thing. I looked like a sleeve or something but it was all beat up. Then the coil type thing has a huge gash in one of the indvidual copper things.

Is there anyway honda will warrenty this? I have the protection plus warrenty plan if that helps any. And anyone have any idea how much is gonna cost to replace that coil thing thats on the case?

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 04:12 PM
What kind of quad? I doubt a dealer would warranty it since it happened when you took things apart and put them back together (they'll say you put it back together wrong). But you should give it a shot at least. Another stator will probably cost you a couple hundred bucks. It would probably save you a lot of money to get one off a bike someone is parting out or get it off ebay instead of a new one from the dealer if you can't get it repaired.

02Yellow400
02-07-2003, 04:29 PM
its a 400 ex.. Where do i get that repaired? It sucks.. To bad these dont have a kick start back up. The quad runs fine. Its just theres no electric start. Oh well im gonna have to give it a shot