PDA

View Full Version : cfm aluminum airbox

5.0chad
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Was wanting to know if anyone has a cfm aluminum airbox or if they have heard about them. looking into getting one but cant seem to find much about them. or any other suggestions on an airbox that moves the battery, fuse and regulator into the airbox

honda400ex2003
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
i have heard good things about them! I guess if you want to move everything in it is one of the better ones. just word of mouth though as i have never tried one. steve

PaRedneckRiders
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I had one on one of my old 400exs

It was nice but personally didnt like it

I had no reason for an aluminum airbox and it seemed like everything that i moved inside just got in my way later but if u think u may need one then go for it, the quality was good and i liked it it just wasnt practical for me

416racer
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
sorry to jack, but do they have a lid?

PaRedneckRiders
10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 416racer
sorry to jack, but do they have a lid?
mine didnt but i think the make like an outerwares material with velcrow for it (seems sorta weird because the stock one has a normal lid)

pbc400ex
11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
some of them have a bolt on lid i was lookin at them cause down here in florida its wet everywhere and i thought it would be better to have everything dry

smoke tractor1
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I had an LTE box with the battery inside but move all the electrics to the front under the hood to let the motor breathe,I didn't think cramming all that stuff around the air filter was to slick!But it did not have a lid and you couldn't keep the mud out even with every kind of outerwears we could come up with,But gave up on it when it started breaking around battery!(size 12 battery!)I myself have seen these with the lid,but thats a wad for a box,I think I'm going to have one made thick enough to take tree trimmin and creek crossing!Local fab shop can build a more durable one for about that kind of green ,raised up for new long travel rear end!Thats what I'm talkin! Ride Red Baby!!!

wild250rman
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
i had the cfm performance air box on my 07 400ex and really liked it. the box came with a lid it sealed up real well and looked like a piece of metal art work. only issue was everything fit tight, i used a k and n filter but should have used a foam type to make removal easier. also bought a lonestar sub frame with the battery delete option and used an 88/89 250r or 04/05 450r grab bar. i liked how battery and all electrical components were sealed up inside. I still have the sub frame and k and n filter they both look new would make someone a good deal on if interested. i also just got one of their 05 450r air boxes that uses the 250r air filter and it made a noticable difference in performance and also looked like a work of art and fit was second to none.

Thumpin440ex
11-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Not sure what box I have but I like it, even though it is open, the filter def been doing its job on keeping dirt out...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex%20build/battery.jpg

John

SpasticR450
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I say run no box at all. I'll sell a bracket for $15. And mount the battery in front to help keep the 400s light front end down. Battery mounts with stock battery case all you need just drill 2 holes in the plastic case theres already 2 holes in the chassis and bolt it down.

SpasticR450
11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
The holes

Thumpin440ex
11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
I say run no box at all. I'll sell a bracket for $15. And mount the battery in front to help keep the 400s light front end down. Battery mounts with stock battery case is all you need just drill 2 holes in the plastic case theres already 2 holes in the chassis and bolt it down.

LMAO that is a good marketing point. :D

John

Pipeless416
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
LMAO that is a good marketing point. :D

John

just watch out.. he's on the trader blacklist.

Thumpin440ex
11-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

The black list as in bad?? WOW and a new guy at that.. I was being sarcastic anyway...

John

Pipeless416
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
The black list as in bad?? WOW and a new guy at that.. I was being sarcastic anyway...

John

lol, this is like his 6th user name.

anyway, my views kind of follow suit with others. i have an aluminum airbox that i made that carries the battery and everything else in it. its nice because it cleans up the look on the subframe (i kind of needed that empty space as well) but it is a PITA to clean out the airbox and to remove everything to clean the air filter.

Thumpin440ex
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
lol, this is like his 6th user name.

anyway, my views kind of follow suit with others. i have an aluminum airbox that i made that carries the battery and everything else in it. its nice because it cleans up the look on the subframe (i kind of needed that empty space as well) but it is a PITA to clean out the airbox and to remove everything to clean the air filter.

LMAO what a tool then.... Hell I can not ***** about my air box, I set it up as compact as I could, have a easy time getting to just about all my electrical things
and filter..
John

SpasticR450
11-23-2010, 09:40 PM

And that's 2 years ago and total BS. An atvriders member who is now banned won the bid on my "modded YZ426 engine + hybrid mount kit" for 400ex chassis on ebay. It said ships to usa ONLY. If you used ebay before you know you choose were it ships to. Well the winning bid was in Canada! So no I did not let him send me the money for the engine and then he posted on atvriders how I was some how a bad seller... :confused: Being black listed for that was 100% uncalled for.

Pipeless416
11-23-2010, 09:43 PM
LMAO what a tool then.... Hell I can not ***** about my air box, I set it up as compact as I could, have a easy time getting to just about all my electrical things
and filter..
John

yours is an extremely clean setup compared to mine. my wires go all over the place. i definitely need to rethink. FWIW, if i had to buy one, it would definitely be a cfm.

slightlybent47
11-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Not sure what box I have but I like it, even though it is open, the filter def been doing its job on keeping dirt out...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/mangler0075/400ex%20build/battery.jpg

John

I have wanted to do that mod but always thought that the battery would get dirty from all the filter oil. I’d like to see one with a shield between the battery and the filter so the battery is sealed from the filter side. That way the battery can stay sealed and with a lid just for the battery and maybe a separate lid for the filter. It is a very clean look, too bad it wont make it go faster! lol