PDA

View Full Version : boring .020

nismo
02-07-2003, 03:16 PM
hey i was wondering how much power gain i would get boring my 250x .020. in cc's and in performance will i feel the change and i will be replacing the stock piston with the wiseco 11:1 i think. and what other ideas could i do to it under $300?
thats for ur help the devil:devil

2fastandfurious
02-07-2003, 04:01 PM
you are listing what i have done to my quad. I don't know how much hp i gain. But when i blip in first gear i almsot fall off. lol

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 04:36 PM
People don't bore their quad .020" over to gain performance. It's usually because the bore is damage or worn and they need a fresh bore. You likely wouldn't notice any difference. You might gain 5cc.
A higher compression piston will help, also if you don't have a pipe yet, get one of those along with a good flowing air filter. Anything to help the quad breathe better should be your first mods. I have heard you need to port 250x/300ex heads to make them flow worth a darn, but that alone could put you over your $300 budget so you may want to wait on that.
Keep in mind that higher compression can mean higher octane requirements with your fuel. Power is nice, but it's kind of a downer everytime you pour $30 worth of fuel into your 5 gallon jug! ;)

nismo
02-07-2003, 04:55 PM
the mods that i have already have are
sunstar 13tooth sproket
uni filter and a hole in air box
dura blue heavy duty axel
rear skid plate
new transmition gears 1-5
dg nerfs and grab bar
maxxis tires sur trac in back pro in front

future mods
white brothers pipe
armidillo bumper
350x motor
other little stuff

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I'd get a pipe before you mess with engine internals like a piston or boring.

nismo
02-07-2003, 05:03 PM
i have to bore it i hasnt been rebuilt probly ever it is a 87 thats y i asked its apart and i am getting ready to bore it, i will probly buy a pipe soon the wb -E

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Oh, well if you have to bore it then you might as well get a high compression piston like you said. You'll notice bigger gains when you get that exhaust.