View Full Version : whats new on drr 50 2011

desratt
10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I saw the new aluminum cylinder, what else
is there a true fox edition?

RCR_531
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by bulldogfallon
[B]Later in the year/next year---A 2011 DRX50R will have an aluminum cylinder and be AMA approved.

Cylinders are here in the U.S., but not on the units yet or approved by the AMA yet (but will be before the next national season)

This should allow any 2011 to be built to that spec if it is purchased before then.

New shocks too by then as well :) We are testing the spring settings now...Comp and Rebound Adjustable...nice features...

Availability==Not now or even next week, but by March I think you will find a new AMA approved DRX50R.

No pricing update or eta schedules are available at this point

This was listed about a month ago and Gary may know more now.

RCR_531
10-05-2010, 07:26 AM
here is a link to the limited Fox
http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/20drxlifed.html

EthansDad
10-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I don't think that fox edition is the oem 2011, but something that shop put together as a package. I did hear they *might* be upgrading shocks, but don't think its going to be fox or name brand. I'm in wait and see mode myself.

-EA

NSTIG8R
10-26-2010, 04:18 PM
50cc MSRP is now $2,949.00 with Gas shocks and foot brake kit.

EthansDad
10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Any one run one yet got an opinon? We're still on the fence if we are going to go the 2011 model 50.

greenmachine70
11-01-2010, 05:19 AM
the shocks are nice. They are fully adjustable. We are testing a set with my son who is 100lbs.
Piggyback fronts and remote ressi rear. Cant say much more but they are waayyyy better than stock.

Hetrick Racing
11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
The new cylinder works ok the stock engine clutch and all,,, with the new cylinder the quad makes 6.3 hp .
after I clutched and ported it we made 7.6 with the stock (90) pipe.
That was round 1,more to come
shocks are way better as he said than previous ones

desratt
11-02-2010, 03:15 PM
when will it be available and will it be considered stock for the worcs series.

bulldogfallon
11-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Units are available now.... and the shocks and footbrake are on the units in the crate...cylinders will be on them shortly, so I imagine this would be considered stock, but you never know.

The Fox pkg was "supposed" to be a factory offering, but never materialized after it was presented....so at this point it is just a pkg offered by dealers, not DRR...

That is when I stopped jumping out front pushing products that I couldn't touch---as you can with my previous post about 2011 DRRs....

Not worth the headache......but I can confidently say the shocks and footbrake are factory installed.

The new shocks are better than previous but not an Elka, Fox or Motowoz quality component, but still better than previous options.

quadrider79
11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm sooooo glad we're done with this class. I hate the word STOCK. There ain't nothing STOCK about it. HA HA HA HA.
Have fun guys!!!!!!!!!!

Logan #34's Dad
11-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by quadrider79
I'm sooooo glad we're done with this class. I hate the word STOCK. There ain't nothing STOCK about it. HA HA HA HA.
Have fun guys!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY John! Thats why I say this proposed 90 stock class will never work. IMO

desratt
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
whats the new and improved price to go along with them,?

when do you expect to see the cylinders on them and the price with them as well..?

redonkulousruntsracing
11-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Thank God my son just turned 7 so we are out of that 50 Limited class, what a headache....

desratt
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
also with these new cylinders do you basically set the compression for race gas if that is what you want.?

paul housley you watchin this??

Hetrick Racing
11-17-2010, 07:11 AM
I do not think it says stock anywhere in the rules.
It is refered to as limited and let me tell ya why.
There were at the time of this class structure 4 mini atvs that people raced,not one had the same options therefore the term limited was introduced.
. 50cc Limited: Production models. The following may be changed: shocks (limited to maximum 4" shock travel), tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle, handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar, air filter and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed. Manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed. Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. No other modifications are allowed, INCLUDING, carburetors, oil injection, air box, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axle, A-arm, steering dampener, and suspension (with the exception of shocks). However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, a warning or fine may be issued in lieu of disqualification.

desratt
11-17-2010, 10:24 AM
These are the rules we have to abide by..

Stock Classes

Tires, Sprockets, Handle Bars, Front Bumper, Nerf Bars, and Twist Throttle may be changed ONLY!

THis is for the worcs series

here is the entire break down

http://atv.worcsracing.com/rules.php#18

Hetrick Racing
11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
That is mostly what we introduced at the time as well, like I said though there were other ATV’s that were being raced, so the ATVA changed it to limited.

Kasea,Dinli,Artic Cat,and the DRR/Adly were the most common there were a few Polarlis 50's as well.
Now there is really only the DRR.

As far as the rules being hard to follow they are not,all it takes is the people trying to make the quads faster or better, asking the question what are the limits. Instead of asking is this legal

To make it easier just like our rules, you can change sprockets. You cannot change the carb.yes that means bore it port it or any other way change it.Yes it has to be oil injected,it is pretty simple.
Sometimes I think the problem in the limited class can be resolved by doing one thing.
LET THE KIDS RACE
They are having a bunch of fun,parents should be to

quadrider79
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
I didn't realize that the class was called 50 limited. I thought it was called 50 stock limited. I checked, I know where I got the 50 stock from. D6 calls it 50 stock limited. Sorry about that!

hotquads1
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
The new adj shocks on the 2011's are getting very good feedback from the 50cc riders, if they work out well this is a huge savings , plus rear footbrake factory installed will be nice in the 50 class as well .