PDA

View Full Version : Crf head on a 08 trx?

TJ Bradley
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought i saw something on here where someone had done it. Is it a direct bolt on? what problems do you run into with clearances and such? Thanks for any input

fmfhonda250r
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes it's possible, no its not worth your time or money to buy a crf head and put on your trx. You will run in to problems with the ex and intake bolting up. If you are looking for more power look into a good port job and a good cam and you will be set.

TJ Bradley
10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
cool. You were exactly who i saw had did it. I figured itd be a huge improvement over my stock 08 head, if i can find a complete crf head, cam and all to replace it. And prob come out cheaper than paying all that labor and such for someone to port and flow test, buying bigger valves and springs, and a cam.

Now if i can just find a good deal on a complete crf head i'll be set. I run my bikes with no thermostat anyway. And my fan is grounded. So how big of a problem is the intake boot and all that to get lined up? And is there a specific year model crf i need to look for that would be better than others?
Thanks alot for your help.

airmobile101
10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
So, I guess the real question is what CRF heads work with what TRX450'S???? Meaning....... would a 02 CRF head mount to a 06-07 TRX???