PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Unbreakable Phone?

Brauap
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey guys! I currently have a cheap pay-as-you-go phone and I ride alot so I always bring my phone with me, but everytime I go riding, I break it! I am sick and tired of buying new $10 cell phones and I was wondering if there are any cheap un-breakable cell phones by Verizon? My buddy had one, but I forgot what is was called and who made it! I'm trying to stay under $100 but if it is a bit over, I won't mind as long as it will not break everytime I go riding!!

Thanks!
Colton W.

ZeroLogic
10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I have the VX8300. The first day I got it my old dog chewed on it. I dropped it in a lake while fishing. I drop it about three times a day. Broke the antenna off and it still makes good calls. Never broke. I got it about two years ago. I got it off of Ebay for around 70 bucks too.:macho

Scottt89
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Looking @ Verizon's site, the Samsung Convoy appears to be their current "work" phone. "Meets Military Specifications 810F standards for Shock and Dust Resistance, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude and Low and High Temperature Storage. "

I know the other was the Casio GZone Boulder. You can probably find a nice used one on Ebay or something.

CJM
10-04-2010, 01:29 PM
gzone phones suck, constant problems with connections and locking up.

my former boss has a convoy, he finally broke it by throwing it at a brick wall while pissed. If it survived that long (2 years) for him then its good. Its the phone im gonna get next.

get the leather case cover, last 3 phones I had I got one and they absorb shock and you cant scratch it and junk with it on.

K-Dub
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I bought the Casio "The Rock" a Verizon exclusive 3 months ago. So far I couldnt ask for a better phone. I had read a bunch of bad reviews about it locking up and such and a few that bragged it up so I took the chance. So far so good, it get better service than the last 2 motorola phones Ive had and it has yet to lock up. When the text memory is full the texting gets a little slow but emptying it fixes that istantly. It has a nifty flash light that comes in handy for me alot and other nifty gadgets. Ive dropped it a few times and off the quad once at about 50mph and not a scratch yet. Now the Boulder was the older version and it did have problems, a buddy of mine had one. I think alot of the bad reviews for the Rock are for the Boulder. The Rock meets all Military specs and is water resiestant. Good Luck!

ridered11
10-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I just upgraded to the Rock from the Boulder, absolutely love both of them. They are by far the only phone that can survive me...

Seeing people faces when you take your phone out of your pocked after getting out of the pool and making a phone call is priceless.