PDA

View Full Version : Great Track for the Southern Nationals?

EthansDad
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey Guys,

Here is some helmet cam footage of Monster mountain, a MX track in Montgomery, AL from our last SE quads race. This is, in my opinion, one of the top 3 tracks we have ever raced, including all the regulars on the national circuit.

Tom, the new owner out there is VERY quad friendly and has approached the ATVA to have his track added to the national circuit in 2011. At 30+ ft wide EVERYWHERE, it has real appeal for the quads. I know everyone has their "favorite" track, but if you'd like to have a southern series that is truly in the SOUTH (not PA), then we might want to send some emails into the ATVA. I heard the initial response from the ATVA was "no thanks".

FYI on the video - Ethan's 4th(?) race aboard his new 70cc mod ride at our local SE quads race. For you flat-landed Dade city folk, this is what elevation looks like :blah:
Ben Kirkland #99 comes up to say "hello" at around the 7:59 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-1Ouy2CVQ

Ride1Rob
10-04-2010, 01:22 PM
99% of Florida is flat. Not just DC lol. I live on .1% of some of that elevation lol.

EthansDad
10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I just like picking on you dade city guys. I did grow up in Orlando myself and raced dade a few times back in the day.

Ride1Rob
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Monster Mountain does look like a nice track. Jam was looking at the vid and said, Man that's a big track." "Can I ride it?"

thequadfather+2
10-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Check out this vid from their website. It takes it a minute to get started but when the bikes start ridding you can really see what the track is like from the spectator view. BTW nice vid and great ridding.

http://www.monstermx.com/live/?page_id=110

EthansDad
10-06-2010, 07:15 PM
There is another quad only race there nov 20th. Plenty of big and small quad classes. I know this conflicts with a dc race, but maybe of interest for some.

Also, if you plan on hitting the southern atva mx series, you should drop an email to info@atvmotocross.com and ask for monster mountain to be added in place of a northern track. Here is what I wrote to them:

Hey atva, Â_

I'd like to ask if the southern series for 2011 will actually be all in the south. Â_Travel is the biggest cost in racing and the biggest barrier we have in choosing to come to a race. Â_Last year, travel to pa was quite a burden for us, and somthing that kept many of our local racers from coming to atva events. Â_

I'd like to ask for consideration for monster mountain mx in montgomery, al to be added to the series next year to keep all races on the south. Â_We raced there this month, and in our opinion this track is top notch national caliber material. Â_The owner is very quad friendly and would be one track we would support if it was added to the atva schedule. Â_

Thanks,Â_
Eric Â_

Sent from my iPhone

camsdad
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
it dont have to be dade city to be flat....there are plenty of national tracks the are flat or close to flat....we do have hard rock and gatorback which have more elevation change than anything on the national map excluding unadilla and highpoint.

LT80
10-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Asked the ATVA eh........Nice try but they have squat to do with it.
What ya do here is get ahold of Rita (racer productions) and see what can be done. Her and her daughter run the show.

Good luck! The ATVPG is a tight nit bunch (all for 1 and only 1).
We'll all sit back and wait for white smoke comming from a chimney in Rome...LOL :D

EthansDad
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
yea, I don't know any of the promoter folks or have any inside angle for sure. What I've heard is its as easy as pushing a mountain to get change to happen.

I will say though, last year we started an email drive to the atvmotocross group about getting the 50 CVT class added. they heard us and they added the class. so I'm guessing they can effect some change on the structure. if you have a better contact to send suggestions to, let us know and I'll send my emails there. it also seems like the info@atvmotorcross email address is broke, so I'm trying another alias at that site.

-EA

LT80
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
ATVPG:: I agree 110% they have listened and made changes. I was quite impressed.
I wasn't meaning to rag on them. :)