PDA

View Full Version : Front shock bushing question

BumblebeeEX
10-04-2010, 08:57 AM
On my 2002 300ex, there is only a cylindrical metal piece that fits in the lower part of the front shock where it connects to the a-arm. The bolt goes through this piece and that is all that is there. All of the kits I see online show a replacement piece for this cylinder along with a larger cylinder that houses the smaller one. Am I missing a piece?

This all started when I came up short on a rolling double and landed hard on the right side. I noticed after this that the a-arm to shock joint had some play in it. Please help a brother out.

trailrider894
10-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BumblebeeEX
On my 2002 300ex, there is only a cylindrical metal piece that fits in the lower part of the front shock where it connects to the a-arm. The bolt goes through this piece and that is all that is there. All of the kits I see online show a replacement piece for this cylinder along with a larger cylinder that houses the smaller one. Am I missing a piece?

This all started when I came up short on a rolling double and landed hard on the right side. I noticed after this that the a-arm to shock joint had some play in it. Please help a brother out.

pictures?

fmftrx300ex
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
same thing been going on with my 300ex for about a year now u cant really buy just that peice anywhere that iv looked its also fairly expensive to replace the a-arm bushings for a 300ex but you may be able to get shock bushings oem check with your dealer and deffinitly bike bandit