PDA

View Full Version : bone stock

smokinone951
10-04-2010, 01:32 AM
just got me a 2007 trx450er, this thing is bone stock. i definitely want to add aftermarket parts but not to familiar with the products for this bike, will appreciate any and all suggestions you guys can give me. exhaust, engine upgrades, appearance modifications. any and all that will increase performance

Baileygunns
10-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Start with the HRC kit. Best bang for the buck, hands down.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
10-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Powermadd Star Series Handguards, PRM Chassis and swingarm skid plate, Steering stabilizer, ect.

serpent
10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
like this

J.Brown121
10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Get suspension, then worry about the rest.

Ruf Racing
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Looks clean. Pipe and a cam.

quadnut20
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
HRC Kit !!!You won`t be sorry :muscle:

trailrider894
10-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Suspension before motor... You can add as many HP to your motor as you want, but unless it can use the HP to get you around the track fast, it is pointless. #1 rule of thumb in XC and MX is Suspension first. In drag, suspension isn't as big of a deal.

trailrider894
10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
It's also about all the little things you do to make a fast quad. Start with a K&N or aftermarket air filter that eliminates the airbox lid or the entire airbox. Then get either a slip on exhaust or a full system (headers and slip-on). Curtis Sparks makes a great sounding pipe with lots of power gains, my favorite sounding pipe is the Fat Boy 4. I would suggest as far as suspension to get an extended axle +4. G-Force makes one for about 200 dollars that you can get from RockyMountainATVMC, they are not indestructible by any means, but if you break or bend one you can send it back and they will send you a new one for no cost. Get +2 A-arms from a well known company, those e-bay brands like full-flight, etc... are junk, they have terrible heim joints in their set-ups and are nothing but problems. Go with a company like I-Shock, Houser, Laeger, or etc...

Now for your shocks. Don't buy aftermarket shocks. Send off the ones you have to Laz at GTThunder or to I-Shock and get them Revalved for you correct weight and riding style. They can both do a multiple rate spring setup which helps with handling and a more " plush " ride and better bottoming characteristics. I-Shocks does the whole conversion for right around $650 dollars for all the shocks revalved and the front shocks with triple rate springs and the rear revalved, but add $110 for rear spring. and GTThunder is right around 700 something. Its more of a take your pick place. GTThunder in my mind has more thing they do to the shock to make it better than I-Shock, but I-Shock takes the cake in customer service, they have a satisfaction gurantee policy so if you don't like how they valved your shocks, send them back in and they will fix them for no cost.

hrc450er
10-07-2010, 08:12 AM
well it all depends on what you want to do with the bike, if you race it do suspension first plain and simple if you just wanna drag start with the motor

trailrider894
10-07-2010, 08:52 AM
If you have anymore questions just post up, i have been around quads for years and have raced 450r's in seasons past. I have built three for MX for buddies and other people that i used to race with.

smokinone951
10-08-2010, 05:57 AM
thank u all for ur information, it will gladly and anxiously be put to work

smokinone951
10-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I WANT A GOOD ALL AROUND BIKE, I RIDE TRAILS EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF WHERE. I ALSO JUMP IT ALOT. BUT I DEFINITELY WANT TO HIT UP THE DESERT WITH MY FRIENDS AND DO A LIL DRAGGIN.