PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizers?

dethwishwayne
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
anybody run them, what brand, do they help on the mini quads?

TTracer#22
10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
GPR very good investment my son wont ride without it!

#404's Dad
10-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Precision PRO's, Kid loves them!!

kpnone
10-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I put a snyder motorsports stabilizer on my son's quad. He liked it, but it started leaking after about 3 races. They said they would rebuild it, but before I sent it to them it bent!!! They're now not returning my e-mails...

dethwishwayne
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
well my daughter is only 5 so bike feedback is pretty much none, i try to teach her but all she can tell me is that her hands hurt, lol and she said she thought it was because of the rocks it was hard for me to tell if she was tired or if it was a real problem, cause she rode for 4 hrs before she started to complain

Coley'sdad#8
10-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Ergonomics is very important for the little ones. set her on the bike and look closely how her natural arm angle reaches for the brake lever, if it is not straight make it that way, maybe even a foot brake because the rest of the quads she will have will have them already.
Throttle spring fatigue, get rid of oil injection if you can and put the single pull cable on it, chop a few coils off the top of the spring above carb slide. make sure her feet touch the pegs and when she stands she has a few inches so on rebound the seat doesn't joust her into the stars.:rolleyes:
Tape Barbie to the headlight so she feels like she has a co-pilot, keep gas in it and make it fun for her.

edwardsp&b
10-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Tape Barbie to the headlight so she feels like she has a co-pilot, keep gas in it and make it fun for her.

Now thats funny!
Bryan

Ride1Rob
10-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Jam's Lil Buddy is zip tied to his front bumper in attack mode. I put an Alba stablilizer on his bike and it made a huge difference. Only thing I dislike about the stabilizer is the huge difference in tension from setting 4 to 5.

hawaiianbasshed
10-10-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm looking forward to putting a stabilizer on my sons new bike

I also will want to get him an anti vibe clamp and maybe the new precision bar clamp or flexx bars too :D