PDA

View Full Version : car paint problems

fasterblaster09
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Just bought a honda civic del sol and on the hood, roof, and trunk, the clear coat is messed up from sitting under a tree. Its a green color, does buffing and waxing help this somewhat? if so how do I do this, never done before. thanks

buck440
10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
buffing can make it look new again if it's not scratched that bad. if the clear is coming off your sol. pics? kinda hard to answer without seeing it. anybody can buff but if you don't want swirl marks or burns have a body shop do it.

CJM
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
If the clear is coming off its gonna eventually peel the entire panel.

Could try clay bar and then some wax, but I doubt it helps. Gonna have to get it painted eventually.

notsolow400ex
10-03-2010, 05:09 PM
If the clear coats peeling its not cause it sat under a tree its call de lam condition alot of auto companies had this problem in the early 90's and it would have to be repainted. pix would help determine what you problem is.

fasterblaster09
10-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I will get pics if I get a chance, its like a whitish film on it, when I scrape it wit my fingernail it comes off. Its just on top of it. Im not expecting to be perfect, just better.

buck440
10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
that would be the clear coat. only way to fix it is to repaint it. on some budget customers we wet sanded the area and put just clear down and wala. so you can either repaint the panel or put another layer of clear down if the paint is not flaking away. of coarse buffing if for clear coat which your missing.:)

fasterblaster09
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
well I got some sand paper and sanded most of it and got a can of spray clear coat and it looks alot better but not perfect. My buddy will paint the trunk roof and hood for me for $100 so I think I will go that route.