PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

BuB400
10-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Went to post today,and now they want a phone # for an account. Is this to reduce on the scamming or what?

TRX_450
10-03-2010, 09:00 AM
not sure, but id guess it has something to do with contacting the seller. I know that I personally wont even bother with an ad if it doesnt have a phone #, because the craigslist reply email system is a joke and they rarely go through.

CJM
10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I just tried to post something, it didnt want a phone number.

brian76708
10-03-2010, 09:44 AM
i refuse to post my phone number on Craigslist last time i did i got nothing but sales calls.

CJM
10-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by brian76708
i refuse to post my phone number on Craigslist last time i did i got nothing but sales calls.

I tell people to respond with phone number. This way they never get mine (I have it blocked anyways)

Kickstarts-suck
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by brian76708

Exactly.

I would never post my phone number on a public website..

fasterblaster09
10-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I have never been asked for my number, although I have it on MANY ads on craigslist and have never been contacted by sales people. I won't reply to an ad either unless it has a number

buck440
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
when i tried to sell my bike on there they asked for my # and i gave it and every other day i get some sort of spam. i just got one 30mins ago.

BuB400
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
It said to give them my # and it would call me with a code to allow me to post. But thats what I was afraid of,spam.

sunco
10-04-2010, 05:50 AM
delete the cookie's on ur computer & repost.

They don't need your #. When ask I always use my fax #

ZeroLogic
10-04-2010, 05:55 AM
I never had that problem. I always post my number and only once I got a call from salesman. By the time we got done talking she called me a gd redneck and a ***hole.:macho :)

TCracin440ex
10-04-2010, 07:07 AM
craigslist is a joke. i love it in so many ways, but hate it in so many others

ive seen so many scams on that site. recently i was looking for another truck and i was finding trucks on there cheap and i knew they were a scam i was like no way this year and model are selling for this insane price. so i just reported them.

yea if you know what your looking for you can find some hella deals on craigslist, but you can get scammed quick too.

i never put my number on craigslist. if somebody emailed me about my truck i was selling on there id email them a few times before id give them my number to be sure they wont tire kickers. but ive met a few folks on there that were tire kickers.

this one kid blew my phone up for a whole week every day asking questions about my truck. then he said he wanted it and was coming to look at it and never showed up. i was pissed.

ZeroLogic
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

this one kid blew my phone up for a whole week every day asking questions about my truck. then he said he wanted it and was coming to look at it and never showed up. i was pissed.

I had a girl text me about my bike i was selling. She wanted to trade for an early 90s Rm250 that was beat to hell. Then she tried to offer me a bmx bike and all kinds of other crap. After she was done she gave me a sob story on how she will never find a bike.:huh

fasterblaster09
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
they do ask for posters number if you forget the password or something, I put mine and click the text option and they text it to me in a few seconds and just enter it in and all is good

MX MaNiAc 06
10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I put my email on an ad and all i got was spam! There was so much spam i couldn't even sort through it all to see if anyone was serious.

When i put my number i never got any spam calls

Ralph
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Pretty sure it just comes down the the amount of trouble they are having with one section or another.

In the photo/video section I had to confirm my number before I could post. I don't mind cause it weeds out some of the crap.