PDA

View Full Version : new to this R

rageatvlawson8
10-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Just picked up my first this weekend. Got a couple questions for your R experts. First off correct me if Im wrong but I searched and found that a 400ex axle will fit but the hubs are different. Now does that just mean the wheel hubs are diff or brake hub as well?? So in this thinking i could take my lonestar axle out of my 400 and as long as I swap the axle and hubs I could put my stock 250 axle back in the 400....right?? lol I think Im just overthinking it. Ok next one, I didnt notice it when I picked it up but he told me it was a 86 and when I got it home I noticed the swingarm doesnt go through the back of motor and motor doesnt have the hole for pivot bolt. So I am to assume its really a 88-89 right?? Whats the easiest way to tell the motors apart, cuz I was thinging the pivot bolt hole was the way to tell. Again I think Im just overthinking all this but just need to be told im right I guess :D :D

addictedtomud
10-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Yes, the 400ex axle will interchange as long as you use 400ex wheel hubs. The brake hub and axle housing from the 250r will bolt up to the 400 ex axle as far as I know.

The 86 and 87 have a bracket in the middle of the swingarm pivot that bolts to the back of the motor. The 88-89 have a solid swingarm pivot (no bracket)

rageatvlawson8
10-03-2010, 06:31 AM
thanks, thats what i was thinking but wanted to hear it from someone else lol

4x4 AG
10-04-2010, 07:41 AM
post up some pics of your new quad. it is cool to see them, and helps others to answer your questions.