PDA

View Full Version : in the market for bars agian but need some help

HondaRacing83
10-02-2010, 02:03 PM
im in the market for bars again!i posted a thread asking about tusks and you guys said there junk so i took your for it and didnt buy them.ive been looking at pro taper se's,tag x5's,and renthals and they are all 60+new.well ive been wondering about moose competition bars and ive also been looking for used bars and stumbled across these renthals,are they kfx450 quad bars or dirtbike bars?i dnt want dirtbike bars on my400 heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RENTHAL-HANDLEBARS-971-BEND-OEM-KAW-HON-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0abee1e4QQitemZ18056 8908260QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

nskukalek79
10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I bought bars from a dirt bike once for my 400ex and they didn't fit. The bar clamps were spaced out too far for the bars....and now i have tusk chub bars, i've had them for a year now and they are great...they were $35 .....great deal if your on a budget...now i have never rolled my quad with these bars so i can't say if they will bend or break but i hope they would, just so i only have to spend another $35 rather then a butt load for a new steering stem and bars....thats just my .02

HondaRacing83
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
well im currently bidding on a set of renthals (not the ones above)i plan on getting OURY grips

jcs003
10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
i have used 7/8" renthals for over 15 years and never broke or bent them. now that i think of it i wish i kept the first set i bought and transfered to new bikes when i got them to test their longevity.

on another note there was a thread on here quite a while ago and a couple of people broke bars on big motoX style jumps. not sure what manufacturer they were.

CJM
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
renthal or protaper are all I use. I currently have some pro taper SE 7/8 high bend and flipped pretty hard one day, clutch lever and brake lever got nailed but the bars were good.