PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Dish Network?

TGW_400ex
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
So dish dropped FX yesterday along with FSN and the National Geographic Channel. Next month their going to drop Fox. Seriously what the hell are they doing? I can't watch half of my favorite shows because of this!

Jim417mx
10-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I have heard nothing but bad about dish, I personally have never used or owned it, but I have DirecTV and FuelTV is the only channel you need :cool:

CJM
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I ahd it once for like a month, worst crap I ever had.

SRH
10-02-2010, 08:45 PM
im a direct tv guy all the way

Ichoptop
10-02-2010, 08:52 PM
they didnt drop it. they are in a contract war with Fox. Fox pulled the channels in retaliation for the contract changes.

yellowzo3
10-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Never had Dish Network but I've been seeing the commercials on tv about the company not renewing their contract for channels... Kind of stupid and its probably all because some big wig up top wants another $5 mil a year so he can buy a new yacht.

This contract crap happened not too long ago with Cablevision if I remember correctly (at least around here)... Anyone with cablevision was without Food Network and a few other channels for a week or so.

I have Directv and can't say I'm 100% pleased with that either, although it does seem better than Dish. The obvious weather problems never end and even though you get a TON of channels, I've never even clicked on 50% of them because they have nothing good on, ever.

I used to watch FuelTV all the time, but got sick of them airing surfing shows for 75% of the day.

CJM
10-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I went thru the cablevison junk, they didnt have food network and home and garden tv for like 2 weeks (big deal :p ).

I have an upgraded package with every single premium channel you can get and it costs less than fios, direct tv and dish. I had fios it was junk imho (the bill NEVER ever made sense and it was way more than they advertised). I got a special rate cause when my phone, net and tv contract was gonna be up with cablevision i threatened to switch so for 10 more bucks a month i got every premium channel.

TV is worthles these days, I hardly watch it besides a few channels. Over 200 channels and STILL nothing on worthwhile most of the time.

About all I wish I got was GNCC races on versus-although it says I get them they are never on.

yellowzo3
10-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Lots of people are unhappy with Fios and are switching back. I remember it was hyped up so much when it was about to come out and now I never hear anyone raving about it.

I barely watch tv anymore either. Football, baseball, DIY Network, and the bunch of Discovery channels. That's it. And for the past couple years, Discovery has had like 10 different channels but airs reruns of old shows on 7 of them all day everyday.

Every tv show on is a reality show now. Even Food Network is 75% reality shows. :rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
10-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I think its funny because I don't watch most of the channels I get either. FX was one of the few and they shut it off.

CJM
10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Lots of people are unhappy with Fios and are switching back. I remember it was hyped up so much when it was about to come out and now I never hear anyone raving about it.

I barely watch tv anymore either. Football, baseball, DIY Network, and the bunch of Discovery channels. That's it. And for the past couple years, Discovery has had like 10 different channels but airs reruns of old shows on 7 of them all day everyday.

Every tv show on is a reality show now. Even Food Network is 75% reality shows. :rolleyes:

It had a few channels cablevision doesnt, but otherwise I found it to be way to much $$$.

Your right too, discovery, history and many others just keep showing reruns over and over and over. Never gotta worry about missing something-you can always catch it again.

86 Quad R
10-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CJM
It had a few channels cablevision doesnt, but otherwise I found it to be way to much $$$.

Your right too, discovery, history and many others just keep showing reruns over and over and over. Never gotta worry about missing something-you can always catch it again.

yea for real!!! kinda makes having the DVR redundant huh? lmao

CJM
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
yea for real!!! kinda makes having the DVR redundant huh? lmao

Pfft. I had one of those last time around and hardly used it. I swear history, TLC, all the discovery channels as well as alot of the prime channels just replay stuff over and over. Hence this past week, if you missed what was on fox, cbs, etc-most of it was on saturday night.

I dont know why I even bother with TV these days, mostly a time waster while I sit at the pooter and half watch it.

But gotta get the tv if you want the net and phone for cheap..

MAaudioX10
10-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Who watches TV anymore? If I'm not out riding or at the gym, I'm playin Modern Warfare 2 on my PS3. Little OMA noob tubing...FTW.