PDA

View Full Version : Car tent help

yellowhonda400
10-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I might get one of those car tents for my car over the winter. I have an 02 mustang which im not driving in the winter but i don't want it to stay outside in all different types of weather. All th storage places near me are expensive so i figured this is the next best thing. i was just wondering how good are they and how much they are? thanks

trx310R#24
10-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by yellowhonda400
I might get one of those car tents for my car over the winter. I have an 02 mustang which im not driving in the winter but i don't want it to stay outside in all different types of weather. All th storage places near me are expensive so i figured this is the next best thing. i was just wondering how good are they and how much they are? thanks

dont get one... one bad wind storm and it will **** up your car... even if u bolt it down.

mxduner
10-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I've seen a bunch around here that have held up quite well. the ones with the roll up doors. but i had the cheap harbor freight 1 and a peice of wood tipped on it, and rubbed thru. well, i didn't 'get' around to patching it up right away, and it did not last long after that lol. mid 3 bills should get you a decent 1 for your car. i think it is worth the price if it gets you thru a winter jmo

exrider12
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Dont park your car on grass than put the tent over it. The dew evaporates and sits on the bottom of the frame and makes it rust. It happened to my friend.