View Full Version : Electric fan question!!

Sniper05
10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm wantin to hook the fan up to run all the time on my 450! Should I leave it plugged in the power socket and jump out the thermostat or what? I'm not quite sure how to go about by passin the switch? Any help would be appreciated!

Chad

eastside 400
10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
take the wire that goes on the temp sensor thats on the thermostat housing and ground it

Sniper05
10-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Cool man! Thanks! So just ground it to a good spot on the frame and it'll run as long as the motor is running??

BUBBA Livesay
10-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Yep!! I just took mine off the temp sensor... cutt off the end piece, added a lil longer piece of wire... took out one bolt on the thermostat housing... Put a round electrical connector on the end of wire... and put bolt through connector and tightned bolt on thermostat housing back up! And your done!

Sniper05
10-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Sounds good guys! I appreciate it!!

Trailie400
10-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure whether I am wrong, but I have always heard if you take the temp sensor wire off it will retard the ignition.

The proper way I have heard to do it is put a splice in the green wire coming off the fan and ground it.

DnB_racing
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
it s not tied into timing >>>>the wire from the temp sensor only goes to ground when the temp in the engine reaches the right temp some wear around 195, so it really cant be tied into timing,

the timing would be retarding and advancing every time your fan came on and off.

putting a switch on the ground would allow the fan to still be automatic but give you a manual bypass to allow you to run fan when you want!