PDA

View Full Version : ltr vs kfx

freshkidd
10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
which one is a better fi bike

bosshogg1
10-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I have to go with the ltr an not just because I have one. but what I notice from two of friends stock ltr an kfx stock with baffle out, lid off, an a power box the ltr still have it. just my 2 cents :D

hawaiianbasshed
10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I have a nicely modded ltr450. I got it stock.

I picked up a kfx 450r for my step bro. already built a little. and I can say I prefer mine over his. I like the reverse but my bike has more power. and I prefer the feel of my bike. I put 22" fronts and 20" rears so it has nothing to do with tire size. it's hard to explain, I just feel more comfy on my LTR...

I say sit on both or find someone with each that you can test ride. maybe check out used bikes and test them and see which you prefer the feel of :D

panici33
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
My dad had a KFX 450, and I rode it a couple of times; I didn't like it and it had nothing to do with power. The front-end felt really light, so light that the steering felt really loose to me and at high speeds it didn't feel very stable. This might be resolved with a stabilizer.

bigbad400
10-08-2010, 07:15 AM
the big thing to look at is what your doing with it, the ltr stock is 49 inches wide, and that might be too much for a woods rider, the ltr stock has 20 18 tires on it and the kfx has 22 20.... do you want to build it or ride it stock, do you want to mx race or gncc race? mx would be the ltr hands down. but i ride mine in the woods and i dont mean on trails.... i like to make my own trails up big hills and stuff.:macho

hawaiianbasshed
10-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by panici33
My dad had a KFX 450, and I rode it a couple of times; I didn't like it and it had nothing to do with power. The front-end felt really light, so light that the steering felt really loose to me and at high speeds it didn't feel very stable. This might be resolved with a stabilizer.

yeah, actually, now that you mention it my bro's was the same it felt really sketchy at high speeds really light and the slightest touches made it feel hairy, I stood way back like riding whoops and held on very tight but even pressure was the only way I could do it. my ltr does have a steering stem tho (a little larger diameter so tighter in stock bushings) and steering stabilizer and flex bars and such so it's pretty comfy of a ride thru alot of stuff lol.

4KawasakiRider4
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
heres my kfx. i love it, but i am wanting to trade to an 08 or newer ltr 450 just because i need a wider stance for racing next year, so if anyone would like to, message me. here she is. shes only got no more than 15 hours on her, and still has the factory lines on the tires.

USAMoto00
11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
where are you located? kawi for trade, that is.

89rebel
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
I have a 2008 ltr 450 for sale now, its a nice quad. Great power, handling and the cheap $40 chbm is nice. I really liked my kfx 450, Its got everything you want in a 450,fi, rev, ect., It does need a Fuel customs intake with the exaust to match or beat the other 450's. and also the seat needs to be replaced asap. its just too hard. If buying a kfx again I would make sure it has these already.