PDA

View Full Version : Walsh People Are Great People!

bubsyfz450
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
So i bought a couple little things from walsh's website, paid for it on paypal. Well today i checked my email, and it says "youve got money" and they sent me a message saying that they overcharged me on accident. even though it was only $4.10, they still gave me back money instead of keeping it! who would have thought there was still good people that would do that?

i will be buying walsh stuff after this happened!
just thought i would let you know that the people over at WALSH RACECRAFT are GREAT people!

mx8
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Very True, Thats why ATV racing is dead.

NeverLiftRacing
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
You guys shouldn't be bagging on their prices, they support our industry and passion. They make great quality parts and are sticking their necks out to help keep our racing series alive with the payout programs for the racer who run their products. Just my $0.02. Keep it up Walsh RC ! And keep helping the racing scene out

eastside 400
09-30-2010, 07:20 PM
i understand that their stuff is nice and they sponsor alot of things but i know what it costs to make these products and they are overpriced. but like i said, everything is expensive and thats just the price of racing so it is what it is.

slightlybent47
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
It’s not just quads that are expensive. This is a cam chain tensioner-assy for a 2006 Kawasaki 250 duel sport motorcycle. This one little part was $95.46 for a small aluminum part with a spring and o ring, it’s getting crazy these days.
Now I’m sure I will have to do battle with the dealer that sold me the part swearing that it was needed, when there was nothing wrong with the old part. And it’s a 70 mile round trip to the dealer.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2unygqf.jpg

FHKracingZ
10-01-2010, 12:25 PM
You gotta pay to play if you want the best stuff. Walsh is the industry leader, period.

If you have ever been to their place you would know they are not rich and put every dollar they earn into the business.

Great people and one of the few companies that backs the sport 100% because the sport back them.

mx8
10-01-2010, 02:41 PM
How much do you have in making a set of a arms? I mean come on 1000 dollars or more for a set of a arms. You can't tell me there not making a killing off of these. You would think that instead of making alot of money off of selling a few sets of a arms. That you could lower the price and still make money, but sell alot more a arms and other parts, and maybe make the sport grow for everybody instead of a small percent of people. I am not picking on just one company, it's all of them. It's funny how everybody wonders why ATV racing never goes anywhere. Can you say GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

FHKracingZ
10-01-2010, 03:02 PM
ATV racing is never gonna go anywhere because of the crappy promoters, not the aftermarket companies. How dumb are you guys :rolleyes: Our sport is one of the CHEAPEST motorsports there is. Look at late model cars, your talking 40-50k engines to be competitive.

You would be suprised at the overhead walsh has for having such a large shop, and for your information they are always swamped as far as business goes. So why not charge more if the business is still there, anybody who says they would not do the same thing in that situation is full of crap.

Also, the margin of profit on the a-arms, swingarms and such cover the cost of the other machines. For example, at walsh they run a huge cnc machine that basically makes just bar clamps, block off plates, and such parts. You think they are affording the cost of that machine and the power to run it just on a $19 block off plate or a $90 clamp?

Its so easy to sit behind a computer as a consumer and b**** about the price of companies prices. If your so mad about it, start your own company and make your own stuff and sell it for less.

JAG Motosports
10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
ATV racing is never gonna go anywhere because of the crappy promoters, not the aftermarket companies. How dumb are you guys :rolleyes: Our sport is one of the CHEAPEST motorsports there is. Look at late model cars, your talking 40-50k engines to be competitive.

You would be suprised at the overhead walsh has for having such a large shop, and for your information they are always swamped as far as business goes. So why not charge more if the business is still there, anybody who says they would not do the same thing in that situation is full of crap.

Also, the margin of profit on the a-arms, swingarms and such cover the cost of the other machines. For example, at walsh they run a huge cnc machine that basically makes just bar clamps, block off plates, and such parts. You think they are affording the cost of that machine and the power to run it just on a $19 block off plate or a $90 clamp?

Its so easy to sit behind a computer as a consumer and b**** about the price of companies prices. If your so mad about it, start your own company and make your own stuff and sell it for less.

True...and add in Workmens comp, insurance, taxes, sponsorships and r&d

mxduner
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Has any of you guys whining about there prices ever considered starting your own company?

We live in a free market system. Anyone of us can go out and start a a-arm company. I haven't done it because i do not have all the knowledge to do so, but i will not bag on somebody that does. (even if it was handed to them)

complaining about prices of something that is not at all necessary does not hold much water in my book. It does suck how much this stuff cost, but there is always other things to do.

jrspawn
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mx8
How much do you have in making a set of a arms? I mean come on 1000 dollars or more for a set of a arms. You can't tell me there not making a killing off of these. You would think that instead of making alot of money off of selling a few sets of a arms. That you could lower the price and still make money, but sell alot more a arms and other parts, and maybe make the sport grow for everybody instead of a small percent of people. I am not picking on just one company, it's all of them. It's funny how everybody wonders why ATV racing never goes anywhere. Can you say GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Just remember this.... Aftermarket companies like WALSH kept the sport alive over the years when the production companies offered nothing!!!

Ive delt with Alot of companies over the years. Without a doubt, it gets no better the WALSH!!! The people that work there are the best. And the product, well.... i cant think of any other way to say it other than its the BEST.

Justin

mx8
10-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
Has any of you guys whining about there prices ever considered starting your own company?

We live in a free market system. Anyone of us can go out and start a a-arm company. I haven't done it because i do not have all the knowledge to do so, but i will not bag on somebody that does. (even if it was handed to them)

complaining about prices of something that is not at all necessary does not hold much water in my book. It does suck how much this stuff cost, but there is always other things to do.

You said it there are other cheaper things to do. And that is where everyone is going, a cheaper better hobby. ATV prices and parts go up, racers get out and the sport dies even more. Maybe next year there will be 2000 dollar a arms and 1000 dollar axles.:rolleyes:

braybray08
10-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports
True...and add in Workmens comp, insurance, taxes, sponsorships and r&d

Alot of people forget about the r&d that goes in to a product. You can't just hack up a couple of tubes and expect to have the right ratios and performance from the product. It takes trial and error in some cases and the company pays that straight from there pocket. Walsh is proven.

jjames/jlawson
10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
WALSH is the best. If you want a winning combination, stick with them. No one is twisting anyone's arm to purchase Walsh, that is every individuals choice.
WALSH is supporting the sport and has always supported the sport. They have many other options to go in, but they choose to stay with ATV racing......they deserve more credit than they get.
Well said FHK.......
Jeremy Lawson would not be able to race if it was not for WALSH RACECRAFT...........
just my .02........
Thanks
Jackie

TWISTED
10-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by mx8
You said it there are other cheaper things to do. And that is where everyone is going, a cheaper better hobby. ATV prices and parts go up, racers get out and the sport dies even more. Maybe next year there will be 2000 dollar a arms and 1000 dollar axles.:rolleyes:
remember this.......... YOU get what YOU pay for........ Walsh products are at the top of the food chain, as well as their customer service.........

FHKracingZ
10-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
WALSH is the best. If you want a winning combination, stick with them. No one is twisting anyone's arm to purchase Walsh, that is every individuals choice.
WALSH is supporting the sport and has always supported the sport. They have many other options to go in, but they choose to stay with ATV racing......they deserve more credit than they get.
Well said FHK.......
Jeremy Lawson would not be able to race if it was not for WALSH RACECRAFT...........
just my .02........
Thanks
Jackie
By the way jackie this is zach harris :) i talked to nate the other day and he said jeremy and mike had quiet the race for half a lap at madison haha

Lasher
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Back when Walsh was located in CT, he used to show up to NEATV events with parts (back around 2000) that he built the night before to test. Always had time to talk to us about his latest creation.

Sure their products are more expensive than others, but they are probably the best products out.

Customer service is off the chart. I have always gotten a reply by email or phone call when I had a question. Two examples...

One Sunday afternoon I had a problem with my (new to me) Walsh chassis (linkage bolt hitting swingarm) and called them up. Within a hour Mike Walsh called me back after he returned from lunch with his mom. We talked for about an hour about the problem, NEATV races and what not.

Another time I had a question and I was able to talk to Nate Walsh as he was traveling to a national race.

Top notch products, awesome customer service...which is why my garage is full of Walsh products.

Barto422
10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Ever since I moved up to a 450 I have used Walsh Products. They are worth every cent! I have never had a Walsh product fail, and they fit perfectly everytime I installed them. To me, that is worth an extra hundred bucks, or so. I think the best deal I have ever found in racing is my Walsh built race head. My first year on a 450 I had a non-Walsh head that wasn't nearly as fast, or reliable as my current Walsh, but it was double the price of my current head. I just wanted to put my view out there.

JR3
10-04-2010, 04:35 PM
get what ya pay for