PDA

View Full Version : KFX400 rattle noise comming from valve cover area

fxbrry
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
I have a rattle noise comming from the valve area of the motor so thinking it was time for a valve adjustment I took it in to the local Kawasaki shop. I just picked it up and talked to the mechanic and he said that the valves were slighlty out of spec and he made the necessary adjustments to get them back to spec. He said that everything else looked normal and fine. But the rattle noise is still there. Anyone have any suggestions? Could it be the valve chain? Would the mechanic be able to see the chain and condition while doing the valve adjustment?

twincat800
09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
The cam chains wear out on engines, you can see if your cam chain tentioner is all the way out (which will show you if the cam chain is stretched out). On the tentioner unbolt the bigger middle bolt and take it off, then take out the other 2 outside bolts which will allow the whole tensioner to come off the engine and look at it, but take out the bolts in that order. Other then that your quad should be fine and run fine. If it looks like to you that the cam chain tensioner is not all the way out then dont worry about it, i think these quads have a bit of a tic. If i was wrong anyone please correct me!!!!

4wheels1004
10-03-2010, 12:28 PM
yeah i would check the cam chain i had a problem with that... but was more of a ticking noise though.