PDA

View Full Version : need help

twopump78
09-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I just changed to a hinson 8 plate clutch. Had my Hinson quick change cover polished. Replaced my counter shaft, and Rebuilt the water pump.. Now when I kick it over while in gear with the clutch released it acts like it isn't even in gear it doesn't jump like it did before. kicking it over in Neutral it sounds funny until i pull the clutch in... Have not started it yet got too dark out so i gave up for the night. thanks pete

86 Quad R
09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
check en make sure that the drive gear isnt hitting the bottom beveled edge of the clutch basket

twopump78
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I'll check tomorrow when i get home from work... If it is what would cause it?

86 Quad R
09-30-2010, 06:16 AM
some of the aftermarket baskets either arent releaved in that area and/or that particular drive gear isnt beveled on the edge and cause interference.... not saying this is the case but worth looking into. :cool:

twopump78
10-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I took it apart today... For some reason it was rubbing on the quick change cover... the inner hub didn't spin free all the way around. Changed the thrust washer and it spun free, nothing look to be wrong with the washer. put everything back just like it was, so tomorrow ill put the clutch cover back on and see... I think it is gonna work.