PDA

View Full Version : 700XX Opinions from 450r owners?

curryd
09-28-2010, 06:40 PM
I am thinking of getting a 700XX this coming spring for trail riding. I am currently riding a 04 450r. What is your opinion on the 700XX machine? Looking for info from guys who ride the 450. Hows the weight difference and how does it ride compare to our 450s? I assume they will outrun our 450s as well. Need some opinions on switching to the 700XX.

Ichoptop
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
my riding buddy has one. for cruising the trails its a great machine. The IRS works really well. Will it out run a 450r? maybe but not off the line. It does have allot of grunt to it. I really felt the weight difference while riding. It was almost like work trying to get the *** end into the air. It feels bigger and bulky. But my 450 is setup for tight trails and is almost twitchy so maybe it was just me riding something new.

06 Honda 450R
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
i deffinetly recomend it, my brother has one and it is awesome for trails, you can lug it alot and has plenty of power, once you get used to it, you cant feel the weight, one thing you would want to do is put an exhaust and programmer, because it feels a little corked up at first

curryd
09-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Just worried if its going to ride too much like a sport ute versus a performance quad. I like to run through the woods as fast as I can, so I need it to handle good. I ride whooped out sand trails mainly and also fire road trails in Michigan. Hopefully, Honda and the dealers will still have a 08 or 09 for cheap this spring.

hotrodhonda400
10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I had a 400ex and seat time on the 450r and I now own a 700xx. as a trail quad you will love this bike it has tons of torque and doesn't need to be revved very high to go fast . as far as handling ,its a little different getting used to the irs but once you do you can fly the woods on this thing I highly recommend one , I love mine !! visit us at http://www.club700xx.com/vb/ for any questions you may have

hotrodhonda400
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
BTW there are real good deals on 08 left overs right now !

curryd
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Talked to a dealer Saturday. Supposedly, Honda discontinued the rebates and the price went up a lot. If a dealer has any left, you can't touch them for the 4500 range. Hopefully Honda comes back out with a deal.

speedracer350X
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
ran a 700XX this year at the "Mountain Ridge" GNCC race in May, spent a total of 2 minutes on the machine before the race. So obviously getting used to a machine during a race isn't a fair asesment. It does ride nicer than my 450ER for slow, 1st gear, rough and rocky sections. The ground clearance was nice when the trails got rutted out, but alot of times during the race, I kept saying to myself, "man I wish I was on my 450, I know how that handles, and where I can and can't go fast on it." I know it's awful heavy when you get stuck in a mud hole. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy one.. My friend runs the one I raced occasionally when we ride, tons of power, just isn't light and nimble like a 450. I guess maybe if I'd have one and get used to it, maybe I would like it. But to a guy who buys a new machine like I do every 5 or 6 years, my next one will probably be a 4x4, I'm in the twilight of my high performance days.