PDA

View Full Version : Add a mini mod section

skyeryder
09-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Maybe we can get the moderators to look into a mini hybrid/ mod section like the big quads have?????

T@AFP
09-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Great idea.

T@AFP
09-28-2010, 07:20 AM
I hit the send button too quick.
Great idea, it's sounds like from talking to a bunch of "mini parents". Alot of us are trying to get our kids into shifting/mods.

However, I'm still going to have our 70 cvt for next season to mess around with. Especially if some of these companies can figure out the engines and make them faster and reliable.

edwardsp&b
09-28-2010, 07:51 AM
I am in the same boat Tom. We are going to keep our 70cvt for another year of two, but we are getting into shifting now.

We will probably get run over next year, but Im going to throw Ben in with 90 production or mod depending on what reliable motor combo we go with. The faster they learn to shift, the better they'll be in the long run.

I would support a mini mod section.
Bryan

P.S. It sure will be nice to get away from CVT's, but i feel like i finally got them figured out. Good timing huh?

skyeryder
09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
It just seems to me more people are wanting to build a mod quad, it might help more people out, including myself. We just purchased a Cobra/KX65 mod and are loving the power out of it and the fact that parts are reasonable for the KX motor.

STOCKRACING917
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Great Idea, Guys. We would enjoy this forum as well.

gistmarrs
09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
I would like to see that. We have two mods now and really like the ease of getting parts for them. They're fast and reliable too.

I think the kids that ride shifters now will be faster when they get older. Unfortunately, there are some race series that make it really difficult to compete with a shifter, especially a mod shifter.

Ride1Rob
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by gistmarrs
Unfortunately, there are some race series that make it really difficult to compete with a shifter, especially a mod shifter.

That's because some parents complain about them to the track officials. I've heard everything in the book from it's an advantage to be on a shifter to it just doesn't need to be run with cvt's. If the officials have no clue they tend to believe there is an advantage by shifting gears and the shifters gets booted from the class. Luckily for us we have some very knowledgeable techs in Dade City that have raced themselves and know better.

skyeryder
09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I've always thought that was funny, when we had our CVT I didn't care who we lined up against as long as the CC's were comparable. You only get as good as those you race against. Plus with the amount of used stuff out there today people can't complain about price, you can pick up a used 65-85cc dirt bike for under a $1000 and have a good little motor. It's just like how the Cobra's kinda got pushed out of the GNCC's if they are faster then you need to find a way to make yours better, faster, just my opinion. They really need to get rid of the 70 cvt class and make it 70cc, oh well just my .02

QuadJunkies
09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I personally think its a really great idea!
Ill run this past the Admin. as it is ultimately up to him. ;)

doonanracing
10-01-2010, 05:08 AM
I agree. I would like to see this section as we start our cr85 mod build.

hasbeenttduner
10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Ask and you shall recieve. I see the new section above.

Pappy
10-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Your welcome:D