PDA

View Full Version : engine

rf928
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Ok got shocks picked out we think.
Now for engine. What does everyone think of the CT racing kit? rage is too high maintenance for us. we were looking at the 13/1 piston, and maybe a stroker but probably not. whats the duncan like? open to all suggestions.

vondeister
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Rage makes the most HP!!! and its not high matinence at all!!
We ran a whole saeson on a rage motor with not one issue!

We originally ran a CT stock bore kit with a carb,12.5/1 comp. piston,CT head, and CT exhaust and it only made 21 1/2 hp. And if you call for tech assistance, they treat you horribley.

Customer service with RAGE is AWESOME!!! Dee and Michelle will help you with any problem you come acrossed motor wise!

-Tyler

rf928
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
What kind of work does the rage do in all? do they make thier own exhaust? what other companies are there? We do alot of riding on a frozen river, and which would last longer held wide open without blowing up?

vondeister
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
RAGE does everything possible to make the 250's faster. Yes they make their own pipe. It is the best pipe available. The only other pipe i like is HMF. I raced the Extreme Dirt Track Nationals with huge straight-aways, and i also race on 1/2 mile ice oval tracks. As long as you have it geared right, and you aren't bouncing off the limiter than it shouldnt blow up.

leager-n-ky
09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
We have a Hetric motor, with a Rage pipe. No problems

mxdad423
09-29-2010, 05:32 AM
I have been doing some research myself on an engine, Brandon is ready for some HP now so we will be getting ours done this off season. After some research and talking to Dee and Michelle at Rage, I now know that is where ours is going, They are really AWSOME people to talk to and Dee was VERY knowlegable. I also have heard nothing but great things about their engines.

Kevin Smitley

rf928
09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Cool. So it sounds like rage is the best. I tried to call Rage, and no answer, but I like their system.

I love your quad 423. How does everyone like the ITP quadcross Pro tires?

mxdad423
09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Cool. So it sounds like rage is the best. I tried to call Rage, and no answer, but I like their system.

I love your quad 423. How does everyone like the ITP quadcross Pro tires?

Thanks, my son come up with all the color combo's and the graphics, I just put it togeather, LOL...
We ran the Quad Cross all this season and Brandon said they handled really well, to of our friends also ran them on 300ex's and they really liked them to, so they seem to be a really good MX tire.

Kevin Smitley

icecreammaker
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Give Al a call at Advanced Machining Services, in Mt Carmel, Pa

Al & my son Wade built an awesome 250 stroker for my son Colt, you wont beat his prices either
570-339-5898
www.advmachining.com

very knowledgeable tell them Tina Lugan

rf928
10-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Thx everyone. We now have a way better idea on what to build with. Now we gotta sell the cobra, and start on the build!

m0t0xk1d
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
there is a rider here in the neatv with a rage motor on his 250. He has that thing built and the bike just wont keep together. he has to send it back to rage after everyweekend. Not saying anything bad about rage but thats just what ive seen with my own eyes. his dad cant stand it and recently switched him to the 300ex becuase they make more power easily. just my input.