PDA

View Full Version : Dade City Rd.15 100cc Stock Appearing Mini Quads

greenmachine70
09-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Video starts at beginning of lap 2. Colby is in 2nd on the black DRR, sponsored by Iron Horse Motorsports, PEP Racing Engines, G-Force and me....
This is Division 1, top 10 riders in points. We also have 10+ in D2.
Check out the rear end, it has the "possible" new shocks to be available for the DRR by DRR that are fully adjustable with preload, rebound and compression. Still working with the fronts, they are not on there in this race but they are also fully adjustable. DRR will up the bar in shocks when these come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCiCArByWM

nordic quad
09-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Cool:)

Ride1Rob
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Great racing Colb!

greenmachine70
09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Rob, I might be looking for a new camera man. Heather gets too excited to stay focused and loses track sometimes too.....lol

hwf-racing
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I can't get the video to download but I know how good Colby rode! He really wanted his phone back!!! It was a great night of racing. See you in couple weeks. Derek

greenmachine70
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Derek, did you get vid of moto 1? If you bring the disc or card to me I will get it on the computer for you. You can go to youtube and search "colbygoodman24x" to see all the vids we have made too. I may take the phone away before the next 4 races....LOL Hunter was riding very well also. He beat the current points leader in both motos and the previous points leader as well in both motos. He has improved leaps and bounds and he is much more daring than he used to be. he is a threat on every holeshot for sure, he will bang wheels with the best of them.....LOL as we know....:D

thequadfather+2
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I am jealous, wish we could get that many quads on a gate without having to load up the motor home and drive 8 hours

good video, great racing

Ride1Rob
09-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
I am jealous, wish we could get that many quads on a gate without having to load up the motor home and drive 8 hours

good video, great racing

You can... thought you guys were heading down :confused:

swamp
09-27-2010, 09:47 PM
little bittty track i guess we are just spoiled down here in texas

greenmachine70
09-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by swamp
the best riders in the world started on this little bitty track.;)

thequadfather+2
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
You can... thought you guys were heading down :confused:

Yes but that will be about 12 hours for us.....We have been talking with Bryan Kirkland about getting a group together for a trip down. Just takes a little planning.....I think you guys are like a pack of hungry lions laying in the bush, waiting for the prey. Kinda like that gator at the watering hole that snaps the dam gazelle by the neck....all he wanted was a drink, come on!:devil:

thequadfather+2
09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

Actually your not spoiled, I lived there for two years....The dirt sucks.:blah:

edwardsp&b
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Oh, were coming down there. We are going to give you Fla boys a run for your money.LOL

Seriously though, we have just gotten into football season and I am waiting on the schedule to come out for it. I was also waiting to see who all could make it from our local series. Most of us dont have quads setup for your limited appearing class's, so that lost us a few riders there. I have a stock cylindered 90, but i run an aftermarket exhaust and a long travel shock in the rear, Im sure yall would kick us out of that class for that. But we have our national 70cvt and a cobra mod we will bring out and just race the mod classes.

Looks like it will be just Bruce Carson and us. Ill get with Bruce and plan and we will see yall before your season ends. Hopefully, one of the October races.
Bryan

swamp
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
the dirt mite suck but the tracks are so much bigger and wider check out cycle ranch and splendora mx awesome tracks

Ride1Rob
09-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
Yes but that will be about 12 hours for us.....We have been talking with Bryan Kirkland about getting a group together for a trip down. Just takes a little planning.....I think you guys are like a pack of hungry lions laying in the bush, waiting for the prey. Kinda like that gator at the watering hole that snaps the dam gazelle by the neck....all he wanted was a drink, come on!:devil:

Ouch! That is a nice lil ride :( Thought you guys were closer than that. Would be nice to finally meet you guys after chatting on the site for all this time and see your kids enjoy themselves down in the Florida sweltering heat lol. We have only 4 races left until the end of the season.

the dirt mite suck but the tracks are so much bigger and wider check out cycle ranch and splendora mx awesome tracks

One thing I can say about our "Lil Bitty Track" is that it's pretty technical and makes for some good/intense racing. Personally, I like the enclosed SuperCross style races alot more than I do the outdoor style races. And we do have an MX National track in Gainesville. But after a tragic death in 05/06 (I think it was..?) quads don't ride there anymore :( .

travis rimmer
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
count us in thequadfather u have a pm

greenmachine70
09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
our little bitty track wasnt too small for James Bubba Stewart to become the best bike rider in the world on. He started here on a pw50. Carmichael as well. At our last 2 races jeremy Lawson was in our Sponsor Cup races.
I like our little track. The owners change the track design every other race so it is never the same.

hwf-racing
09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Don't forget Madal, Rasrelli. Mcgrath, Heims. Plus we have our phenom 12 year old Cam Covil And we have not even started on the dirt bike side.

swamp
10-01-2010, 01:57 AM
not the greatest quality and sorry for the x ratedness but it happens rite

just look how long it takes for the kids to get back and the vid doesnt nearly show the speed of these tracks

if you ever get to come down here you would love these tracks

the first vid is 3palms
second is splendora and da turd

3 palms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKffe_aqnhQ

splendora mx you can kinda see it here this vid is when we first got the honda....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhqvvTBegP4

another veiw of splendora mx they have added a drag strip and a tt track since then its an awesome place to ride it has trails everything a rider could ask for...Your next vacation should be here. this video doesnt show near enuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osIyjwLITpc

greenmachine70
10-01-2010, 05:27 AM
looks like they just pin it and hold on and which ever cvt holds together wins the race.
The good thing is the kids love it whether its a short track or a long track. I have to say our track appears to be much more technical than those big outdoor tracks. I didnt see hardly any air on either of the vids.
We also have a track in North Florida at the Florida Motoplex that is 1.75 miles per lap. But the mecca of talent and crowded gates go to Dade City.

Ride1Rob
10-01-2010, 06:59 AM
not the greatest quality and sorry for the x ratedness but it happens rite

just look how long it takes for the kids to get back and the vid doesnt nearly show the speed of these tracks

if you ever get to come down here you would love these tracks

the first vid is 3palms
second is splendora and da turd

3 palms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKffe_aqnhQ

splendora mx you can kinda see it here this vid is when we first got the honda....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhqvvTBegP4

another veiw of splendora mx they have added a drag strip and a tt track since then its an awesome place to ride it has trails everything a rider could ask for...Your next vacation should be here. this video doesnt show near enuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osIyjwLITpc

Your first track is a nice sized track. That can be good in some situations and bad in others. You really can't see much racing unless they pass by you. Also, doesn't seem like it's technical at all. Hold the throttle wide open and hold on. Your second track is not any bigger than some of our tracks in here in Florida. The Florida MotoPlex is frequented by quite a few of the National riders and it has trails, a few MX tracks, drags, mud, etc... Dade City again is our premier local series in the state and it's a Supercross style setup. Lawson and Walsh made their 1st visits a few weeks ago and have commited to running the rest of the series. Also, not bad for a local series to have 20 different classes line up on the gate and most either fill the gates or come close to filling it.

With all that being said none of it really matters about how big, techincal, fast, kind of dirt, etc. the track has. All that matters is that people have a place to go and race and enjoy the sport.

edwardsp&b
10-01-2010, 07:48 AM
All that matters is that people have a place to go and race and enjoy the sport.

Ah....Thats what I was waiting for, couldnt have said it any better Rob.
Big track, little track doesnt matter unless there is alot of racers there, or your just having fun. And I could care less about the dirt on the track as long as its technical with good competition.

Not trying to start a pissin match here.....And I know that yall have great riders old and young down there. But I have been all over the country this year, and let me tell you, there is alot of talent in this sport everywhere, not just Fla. or Penn. or NJ. etc...

I dont blame yall for not wanting to come to Nat's, if I had the local numbers racing like yall I wouldnt race them either.
The problem we have around our part of the southeast is that their is hardly anybody to race. If it wasnt for all the crappy "gaytor" fans I would consider moving down there just to race.
Bryan

thequadfather+2
10-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Bryan the gator hater......hope your children dont take up your bad attitude.:devil:

BTW...It looks like there's another Bulldog in the SEC this year:D

travis rimmer
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
+2 on the gator haters lol
+3 on the track not being as important as the competion and the amount of riders

Ride1Rob
10-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b

Not trying to start a pissin match here.....And I know that yall have great riders old and young down there. But I have been all over the country this year, and let me tell you, there is alot of talent in this sport everywhere, not just Fla. or Penn. or NJ. etc...

I dont blame yall for not wanting to come to Nat's, if I had the local numbers racing like yall I wouldnt race them either.
The problem we have around our part of the southeast is that their is hardly anybody to race. If it wasnt for all the crappy "gaytor" fans I would consider moving down there just to race.
Bryan

Agreed 100%! The only thing that we DO KNOW is the best football players come out of the state of Florida. THAT WE ALL DO KNOW lol. And War Damn Eagle! Take that Bama, Gator, and you BullDog fans :devil: .

edwardsp&b
10-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I agree, there is no doubt that Fla has some great high school talent. But Ga has had some great players as well. They just decide to not go to UGA most of the time.

War Eagle huh? Dont get me started on Auburn, yall are confused all the way around. What is your mascot? And just for the record if your gonna name your stadium "Jerdan Hare Stadium" why dont you spell it that way?

Im sure you know what the tradition is before every Auburn home game, toilet papering the big tree downtown by the stadium. WOW!!! Is that all there is to do in downtown Auburn before a big game. Sure hate that I missed that experience. I think Ill stay with my dawgs.

And Bruce, my kids have it worst than me. They have been gaytor haters for a long time now. When Ben was about 5 or 6 I took him to his first Ga vs. Fla game. He was carrying around a little gator toy on a string and telling all the girls in Fla blue that they would "look better in Ga red". They would walk up and say "Oh, how cute" then he would drop that line and they would walk away disgusted. We still laugh about that, good times I tell ya!

Bryan

Ride1Rob
10-04-2010, 08:27 AM

Im sure you know what the tradition is before every Auburn home game, toilet papering the big tree downtown by the stadium. WOW!!! Is that all there is to do in downtown Auburn before a big game.
Bryan

Actually, it is lol. Being on the FB team we made our own excitement. You could probably only imagine some of the stuff we used to come up with and the trouble we used to get into, or should have gotten into :devil: .

edwardsp&b
10-04-2010, 09:03 AM
What years? I had some friends play at Auburn. James Bostic, (Jenkins County High), Carlos Rodgers (Butler High School). You might have played with them.

We had some fun in Auburn before, theres just not much to do there. Im sure with a little imagination yall could find some fun to get into. LOL

Them people up north just dont know how much we get into college football. I could care less about the NFL, they dont play with any heart.
Bryan

swamp
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM
boy i didnt mean to upset anyone for calling the tracks small..but compared to ours they are.... we have national riders here all the time too... and as far as them being a hold it wide open and hang on track maybe.. well then they aint technical..sure they are because the speed of the vehicle has changed.......with that being seeeeeeeeddddddddddddddd

who gives a crap Like rob says at least they are riding... i didnt mean for anyone to get upset about me calling them a small track..I guess everything really is bigger in texas....lol

the only thing i want is to go ride with the kids.. but i cant afford two small race quads and one big one.. so i get to watch and work on them..................

Ride1Rob
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
What years? I had some friends play at Auburn. James Bostic, (Jenkins County High), Carlos Rodgers (Butler High School). You might have played with them.

We had some fun in Auburn before, theres just not much to do there. Im sure with a little imagination yall could find some fun to get into. LOL

Them people up north just dont know how much we get into college football. I could care less about the NFL, they dont play with any heart.
Bryan

I played with JB. He was from Georgia by way of Ft. Lauderdale Dillard. I was there from 92-95. Last year for Pat Dye, 1st year Terry Bowden came in and we went 11-0. Carlos Rodgers was well after us. We tied Georgia the next year thanx to Garrison Hearsts last second TD. Terrell Davis was his backup then. Then we lost our last game to Bama thanx to their All American DE's Curry and Copeland. Finished that season 10-1-1. Bama went on to beat Miami in the National Championship game that season. Felt like someone stabbed me in the heart with a stake knife seeing that. We did put the smack down on Florida that season in the swamp so the year wasn't a total loss lol.

edwardsp&b
10-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Yeah, that was a crappy year to play for Auburn with Bama winning it. I graduated from the same school as James, our high school coach, who had ties to Auburn helped him get their. They used him to recruit me to Auburn, I just had too much red in my veins to go there. Nice school, but I grew up watching Ga games from the hill when I was really young so thats the only place I would have gone. Blew out my knee last game of senior season, and that ended football for me.

I met Carlos at a combine when he was an underclassmen in high school, I could tell then that he was going to be a badass.

Whipping Fla, in Fla, would be the highlight of my life. But that will never happen to any Ga player, because of the cocktail party. Nice pipedream though!

Pat Dye would have been awesome to play for, his family grew up close to mine, and I would have probably jumped at the chance to play for him. (Even though it was at Auburn)

Bryan