PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who plays or has played High School Football

BlaineKaiser450
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#96 Noseguard GBHS

honda400ex2003
09-28-2010, 10:55 AM
I watched that for the first time a couple weeks ago. good song! steve

Scro
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlXDo5WhQXI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#96 Noseguard GBHS

So who is #96?

ZSK
09-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Meh :huh I can't think of a single step in college or my career that has been determined about what has transpired on an athletic field.

I really feel sorry for someone whose time of their life was determined in Highschool sports. Pitty

tim colston
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
^^^ That is what people say that aren't or weren't good at athletics. High school football paid for my college.

ZSK
09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I was an all state player in soccer and baseball. I'm glad high school football paid for your college, my brain and work ethic paid for my college education.

mxduner
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
last night there was a show on espn directed by k chesney, titled the same. i totally forgot to watch it though.

Unfortunately, i never played football, and to this day remains 1 of my biggest regrets.

ridered11
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM
ZSK, you played soccer and baseball...that about sums it up.

450rdr424
09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ridered11

I dont know about that baseball paid for my college, i give credit to any college athlete, playing a sport in college is like having a full time job on top of school work

ZSK
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ridered11

Please enlighten me then. I played sports where games were played 2-4 times a week and often started before the school year and ran past the end of the year. Two a days during the school year were a common occurence and I worked part time on top of it. The football players I went to school with, were some of the most stuck-up premadonna divas there are. Milking the "we played tough on Friday" mentality through the next week. We literally ran laps around them day in and day out when they were holding half speed practices. Tough was playing a double header soccer game and then going to work in a factory running a CNC Lathe for 4 more hours before going home.

I hated high school. I wasn't challenged acedemically, I was too socially mature and it moved at an overall too slow of a pace.

College was better, I worked full time and took 20 credit hours a term and raced on the weekends. It was a pace that was finally challenging and enjoyable.

There is not a single event in my high school are even college days that can compare to the truly breath takingly proud moments you can experience. It is truly pathetic if high school sports are your glory days, you have my sympathy if that is the extent of your accomplishments.

eastcoastpro20
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
Please enlighten me then. I played sports where games were played 2-4 times a week and often started before the school year and ran past the end of the year. Two a days during the school year were a common occurence and I worked part time on top of it. The football players I went to school with, were some of the most stuck-up premadonna divas there are. Milking the "we played tough on Friday" mentality through the next week. We literally ran laps around them day in and day out when they were holding half speed practices. Tough was playing a double header soccer game and then going to work in a factory running a CNC Lathe for 4 more hours before going home.

I hated high school. I wasn't challenged acedemically, I was too socially mature and it moved at an overall too slow of a pace.

College was better, I worked full time and took 20 credit hours a term and raced on the weekends. It was a pace that was finally challenging and enjoyable.

There is not a single event in my high school are even college days that can compare to the truly breath takingly proud moments you can experience. It is truly pathetic if high school sports are your glory days, you have my sympathy if that is the extent of your accomplishments.

well arent u just a little overachiever....this is prolly wanna the most stuck up things ive heard in awhile and ur sayin the football players were stuck up?

ZSK
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
well arent u just a little overachiever....this is prolly wanna the most stuck up things ive heard in awhile and ur sayin the football players were stuck up?

Yes. I earned my arrogance every step of the way.

J.Brown121
09-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ZSK

Good job! Do you want a cookie?

I loved playing soccer in high school and loved football even more. I have to admit that some of the best times of my life thus far were on a Friday night with all my buddies that I grew up with. I enjoyed playing with my buddies while it lasted and wouldn't trade it for anything.

ridered11
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Apparently someone got picked on a little too much...

The bond shared on a football field is almost indescribable, and the feeling under the Friday night lights is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. If you've never played, you will never understand. So don't come on this thread bashing something you have no comprehension of.

You only live once, sounds like you should find at least something to enjoy. High school was some of the most enjoyable/laid back days of my life, and college... haha some of the craziest/fun times of my life. You were obviously doing something wrong to not enjoy it Mr. Too Cool for School.

BlaineKaiser450
09-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Scro
So who is #96? I am.

It's just awesome how all of the different social groups that people like Nancy Grace always complain about having problems can get together on the field and everyone is equal. It's a great feeling being able to share victorys and losses with friends as well

FHKracingZ
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Ahh football players were also a bunch of jerks in my school. its ok though, they are probally sitting at the bar right now talking how they should of went to state there senior year while im trying to make a life out of racing. Jokes on them if ya ask me lol.

Besides that, not a big country fan but I like that song and video, and a inspiring speech by shawn payton.

exrider12
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Wow people are stuck up and arrogant when they dont know the feeling of playing on a GOOD team, and seeing a GOOD team play.

Nothing more incredible than running onto the field under the lights on a Friday night. 13-0 Super Bowl Champs last year.

exrider12
09-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ZSK

Haha this is a pity. There are a million more people who have the same achievement as you. Do they act as stuck up as you? Maybe, maybe not. This thread isn't about hearing your accomplishments and brain power and how "mature" you were. NO ONE CARES. This is about High School Football and the people who have played it.

wilkin250r
09-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I can't believe you guys are still arguing with ZSK.

This guy is one of two scenarios. He either IS that person that relives his high school football days over and over in his mind, dreaming about past glories, but he's pretending to be cool and hide behind his insults so that nobody knows it's really HIMSELF that he's talking about.

OR, he's the typical internet tough guy. He wasn't an all-star player, he's just pretending to be. You can't possibly care about your sport that much, to have that much passion that you're willing to put forth the effort it requires to be an all-star player, and NOT take something away from the game.