PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Build-UP

curryd
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I am looking to build my 04 into a better GNCC type quad. Looking to race the hare scrambles next year in Michigan. Here is where my quad sits right now:

Motor:
10.5:1 JE Piston
Hot Cam Stage 2
EHS Airbox lid
Motoworks Pipe
Powernow Venturi
SRP rev box
Stock Gearing

Chassis:
ITP GNCC tires front and rear
Pro Armor XC Bumper, swing-arm skidplate, footpeg maximizers
Tag Bars
SRP front wheel spacers

Need some info on set up mainly. I plan on running the stock shocks as well. I run them fairly stiff right now. The trails I run are whooped out all over. Not sure what way to go on the shocks? Anything else I need?

fultz416ex
09-26-2010, 08:09 PM
go down a tooth on the front sprocket and get your stock shocks rebuilt for your weight and riding style and you are good to go. Good luck!

Balaz_73*00
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
A good stabilzer! Stay away from the stick style imo. Any puck style will do..precision,elka,ccp Best improvement ive done to my quad

LeGaCyGiAnT124
09-27-2010, 06:32 AM
- Precision Stabilizer first
- Get your front and rear shocks revalved and get a lowering XC linkage
- Aftermarket wheels (ITP Baja if your on a budget or Hiper)
- PRM Chassis Skidplate

That alone will make your bike much much much better. Suspension is key in making it plush enough for your riding style. I would reccomend John Curea from MXTech in Enon Valley, PA. He does excellent work even cheaper then GTThunder, Greg's ATV, ect.

The stabilizer is a bit on the pricey side but I would sell my quad before I sold it! Lol. It really works well once you get it setup for how you like it.

Aftermarket wheels are always good to have too so you aren't getting flats from denting a rim. ITP Baja's are good for the money but I started using Hiper Tech 3's last year with no problem.

The chassis skidplate is essential. You are crazy to run GNCC without one.

Hope this helps out :macho

-Brandon

Scro
09-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Don't install wheel spacers! That's one of the worst things you can do to a quad, as far as handling goes.

bean2080
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
like others said i would get some suspension, if your low on cash just get your stock shocks rebuilt. you wouldnt believe the difference shocks make.

i run a 12 tooth sprocket so i can kind of creep around when you need to and have alot of low end when i need it. most of the time you will never be full bore in a race.

i would recomend taping up your bumper and on the sides of the radiator if its a rainy or muddy race. sometimes XC races can be really muddy. just tape it up so it acts like a big mud guard. the last thing you want is mud getting in your radiator and over heating you. this way the mud will get caught in the bumper and the air will still go in the radiator.

i would also get rid of the spacers too, you dont want your front end hanging up on trees and rocks. make sure you run good air pressure in your tires, you need to be really carefull about this. i have seen alot of tires come off the bead from flat tires because of no bead locks. heres a pic of what happened to me before i got my hipers early this season.
good luck!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs311.ash1/27711_1268864007353_1402425844_30634494_7442275_n. jpg

300racer
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
- Precision Stabilizer first
- Get your front and rear shocks revalved and get a lowering XC linkage
- Aftermarket wheels (ITP Baja if your on a budget or Hiper)
- PRM Chassis Skidplate

That alone will make your bike much much much better. Suspension is key in making it plush enough for your riding style. I would reccomend John Curea from MXTech in Enon Valley, PA. He does excellent work even cheaper then GTThunder, Greg's ATV, ect.

The stabilizer is a bit on the pricey side but I would sell my quad before I sold it! Lol. It really works well once you get it setup for how you like it.

Aftermarket wheels are always good to have too so you aren't getting flats from denting a rim. ITP Baja's are good for the money but I started using Hiper Tech 3's last year with no problem.

The chassis skidplate is essential. You are crazy to run GNCC without one.

Hope this helps out :macho

-Brandon

i would have to agree with this post. i like the douglas champion in a box bead locks though cause they are cheaper and don't have problems with inserts striping out.

curryd
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks like I need to upgrade on rims the very least. I have ITP Bajas on my MX tires. Holding up great. How much does it usually run to have the shocks reworked? I don't want too much body roll. Won't going soft on the shocks create this feeling? Is the stick type stablilizers that bad? They have been used for years.

Balaz_73*00
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Theyre not bad until you run a quality stabilizer like a precision. Then you will realize the difference. The adjustability is sweet and they work smoothly compared to a stick. Im speaking from experience as I went from a stick starting the season to a precison now. Its awsome, especially for someone running wood where stumps and roots can grab the bars in a hurry.

BUBBA Livesay
10-02-2010, 05:48 AM
I had my 450r stock shocks revalved by Derisi Racing 2 years ago and really liked them... WAY better than the ole stockers lol i think i payed right around $800 for all three to be redone and that also included a XC Linkage...
Im sure the price went up a lil bit on them since that was 2 yrs ago what hasnt gotten more expensive? Its still alot cheaper than buying any Aftermarket shocks! As far as the body roll, they tended to a lil bit but you could have them set up a lil stiffer if you would like? I had them set mine up for aggressive B class even though i ran C class..

theres alot of people out there who revalve stock shocks, buddy had a set of C&D Racings and liked them and i also had a set of GT Thunders on my YFZ but the Derisi ones were set up EXACTLY for me and they seemed to feel the best since they were set up that way...

And im with the others on the steering stabilizer.... GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

Hope this helps! Good luck on your build! :D