PDA

View Full Version : steering geometry/ alignment issues

paul_700
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I've got an 86r with lonestar baja frame, lonestar +2+1 LT arms, stock spindles, stock steering stem, float evol shocks. My issue is when turning the bars the wheel to the outside of the turn turns maybe half as tight as the inside wheel causing a pushing action. Also bump steer seems to be horrible with this setup as the alignment changes drasticly through the suspension travel. I have also tried some american star +2+1 LT arms with same problems. I don't remember having this problem with some of the other Rs i've used in the past. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Is it my combination of front end parts not working well together or is it a setup problem? Any ideas?

mxduner
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
What is your initial allighnment settings? make sure you have the toe set wit a little toe in. also switching to the newer front spindle off the 400ex and 04-05 trx450r front end will help with this.

paul_700
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I had it set to 1/4 toe in. If i remember right I have to switch to 400ex hubs and calipers also if I use that spindle .. right?