PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here own a Jeep Cherokke??

2fastandfurious
02-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Hello there! I know absoulty NOTHING about jeeps! I know alot about cars though. I have a 94 that I am going to help a friend fix. He was telling me the guys at the shop told him 500 for the fuel assymbly. As I understand there is a white contianair that holds all of the fuel parts. The filter, strainer, modual, sending unit and pump. I need to jsut replace the pump. NOT the whole thing. Can anybody take some time to help me a little bit. Where is the white container located? Inside the tank? Do i have to drain the gas tank? Theres only a few gallons in the car so its no biggie....... Please any help you can give is GREAT! I found a fuel pump for 150 at auto zone. I jsut need to know where the pump on the car is located. Thanks a TON guys.
-Ben

Leo
02-07-2003, 04:41 AM
yup, the pump is in the tank...

on a 94 you can get it out without completely removing the tank, although you may have to loosen the straps a bit to drop it a few inches

it shouldn't have the newer style plastic assembly unless it has a plastic tank (which I doubt) I'd be willing to bet it's the standard metal fuel pump module.

easy job _unless_ all the lines / tank / etc.. are all rusted up.

autozone pumps in general tend to be junk. don't be suprised if you wind up doing it twice.

Leo

2fastandfurious
02-07-2003, 06:54 AM
THANK YOU! :D

ChadEXer
02-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Leo,
Im asuming you guys sell Jeeps there where you work too! My wife wants me to get her another car and she is wanting to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It is a 97 model and has about 100,000 miles on it. What do you know about reliability of these things? I have heard from many people that all Jeeps are nearly indestructible and last forever! They want $9500 for it, we were gonna pay $3000 down and payments for $265 a month. Is that a resonable price for a 97 model? Kelly Blue Book shows about the same thing. It is in great shape, 1 owner, and he was a doctor! What is your experience with these? my wife is wanting me to put some 20 or 22inch wheels on it, a nice system. and some TV screens, DVD player, and Playstation in it for the kids and it will be our long haul family car!!

lil400exman
02-07-2003, 07:58 AM
there small but good they get great gas mileage chadexer and the 4wd is so good.........it kiks butt i pulled out a bobcat with the business truck as we call it :devil but yeah we got ours with 75k miles for a lil less with the nice jeep 5 spokes and loaded so if you look round you could probably do a lil better...oh yah they have a cd&tape player built into one (which is sweet) and make sure you get the jeep with the upgraded sound system ( it IS worth every penny!)

ChadEXer
02-07-2003, 08:04 AM
It wont do us any good to get the upgraded system, it will be ripped out anyway! I am a regular car audio guru, matter of fact i used to compete in sound competitions all the time! Ill put some quality tunes in it! The factory deck will come out too!! I have already put a complete system in my 02 Ram. I put 4 12's in it with a 1400 watt amp, all new mids and highs(all Audiobahn), and a bad***** Sony deck,, and it makes the whole truck rumble!!

TheX1992
02-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
I have heard from many people that all Jeeps are nearly indestructible and last forever!

i own a 95 jeep wrangler rio grande edition. its only a 4banger but i've been rearended, hit on the right side by a taxi, and a few other marks. you cant tell! the body is all steel on them things. the only thing the taxi did to us was bend the fender plastic/skirt a little bit. the cop wrote down no damage. i just rolled over 100,700 miles. it still runs great. i do need new tires and possibly a tranny down the line but thats just the way i drive it lol. its my pissed off grasshopper (its a green jeep). they are the best way to go IMO. they haul your wheeler on a trailor and can take any punishment.

trueblue450
02-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Just sold my 90 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. 195,000 miles on it.. Those things are beasts. You can do anything to them. My parents own 2 Grand Cheerokee's Bout 100,000 on one of them but it still runs great. I'd say go for it, Price sounds right. They are nice, and can hold their own in the winter. We are a jeep family. :)

RideRed04
02-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
there small but good they get great gas mileage chadexer and the 4wd is so good.........it kiks butt i pulled out a bobcat with the business truck as we call it :devil but yeah we got ours with 75k miles for a lil less with the nice jeep 5 spokes and loaded so if you look round you could probably do a lil better...oh yah they have a cd&tape player built into one (which is sweet) and make sure you get the jeep with the upgraded sound system ( it IS worth every penny!)

I love my wrangler...but good gas milage with a jeep?!?! Please do not try to create confusion. My 2.5L wrangler gets 15mpg average. I saw a hair over 16 once and 12 once. I wouldnt trade it for anything...especially now that we have gotten some snow!

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-07-2003, 10:25 AM
My parents have three Jeeps; a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (190,000 miles), 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (130,000 miles), and a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (100 miles). All three of them has treated us well. If you do proper maintence and they will last forever :macho