PDA

View Full Version : Some Mod Questions...

TIGER72
02-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I AM GETTING READY TO INSTALL A STANDARD BORE 11.1 WISECO PISTON (PLEASE, NO FLAMING, TELLING ME TO GET A ROSS OR SOMETHING ELSE...I GOT A GOOD DEAL ON THE WISECO, PAID $60.00 FOR IT, NEW IN THE BOX...EBAY!!!) AND A STAGE 1 HOTCAM. ANY TIPS, TRICKS, OR OTHER MODS TO CONSIDER WHILE I AM IN THE ENGINE? I LOOKING INTO GETTING AN AUXILLARY OIL COOLER. I ALREADY HAVE A CT PIPE, K&N FILTER, AND I AM ALSO GOING TO INSTALL A DIAL A JET THAT I RECEIVED FOR CHRISTMAS, I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT TURNS OUT....THANKS.

ChadEXer
02-07-2003, 10:42 AM
While you got the engine open, you should go ahead and do a little clean up porting! Also, I dont think you will need the oil cooler. I have the biggest bore you can possible go and TC tells me still not to put one of those on my bike(I had got the FST cooler). he says you only need them if you ride XC or for very long and hard extended periods!

TIGER72
02-07-2003, 09:20 PM
CHADEXer-THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I APPRECIATE IT!

roostu
02-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Make sure you don't put the piston in backwards...........I know someone who did................If it is not marked on the top of the piston look at the valve releifes cut into the top of the piston, one side is closer together than the other.....then look at your head and make sure the spacing matches.

~Roost-U

fastrax
02-20-2003, 10:33 PM
The wiseco piston has an arrow on it. this arrow points towards the exhaust when installing.

Scott400EX
02-21-2003, 08:17 AM
i did that to mine!! std bore and a cam. I got the stage 2 tho. you will have a TON of bottom end power with that setup!!
just make sure the piston is in the corrct way. and make sure to adj the valves after the first 20 min on that cam!!

Extremeracer167
02-21-2003, 10:05 AM
TC Told me when i was up at his shop, that if you change the oil when u are supposed to the Auxilary oil coolers are worthless, and he told me to save my money. SO ill go with what he sais.

ChadEXer
02-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
TC Told me when i was up at his shop, that if you change the oil when u are supposed to the Auxilary oil coolers are worthless, and he told me to save my money. SO ill go with what he sais. Thats the same thing TC told me. And if any motor needs one then it would be mine! I had actually already bought one of those FST oil coolers and he made me sell it!!