PDA

View Full Version : Bail info?

hondariderdylan
09-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Well, my best friend is in jail at the moment and im organizing some friends to get up the money to get him out. But i have never been around anything like this before so i have no clue what needs to be done. I know that its set at 1850 bucks and i have to pay 12% plus a 20 dollar money order. Can someone explain the system to me and what i need to be doing here?

Edit: we also have someone who is older than 18 willing to sign off on it

250x_kyle
09-25-2010, 01:23 PM
let him sit in there till his lesson is learned or he wouldnt be in there in the first place.

buck440
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I just wait it out a week or two to be released or go to court. my bail has been way higher than that and been out in 2 weeks before. the best thing all of you could do is just wait. why spend the money for a few days of freedom? what did he do?

honda250xrider
09-25-2010, 09:58 PM
I think different states have different ways of doing things but...

You go in and pay the 12%. They will release your friend in the morning or afternoon it is entirely up to the guards and will depend on how your friend acted once inside the prison.

You will not receive the money back until your friend has went to court, verdict found. Sometimes they require some of the bail money to go towards repayment of fines. In which case they will take out a portion of the bail and use towards that. Then the remaining balance will be mailed back to the person who signed off on the bail.

The money can be tied up for a very long time depending on the case.